Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well, what happens now?



So.... here's my tentative plan, and a series of shameless plugs.

Try to stall the foreclosure by trying to make all the payments I can before they take it. My realtor has been directed to dump the house with a nice ad that says "Pre-foreclosure sale - bring all offers! Motivated Seller!" and similar please-oh-please-somebody-buy-my-house-for-anything verbiage. We're going to try to beat the clock, and I think I can take a little bit of a loss. The realtor also advises I can do some credit-repair things later on, too.

Failing that, if we lose the race, I'm just gonna craigslist everything I can, pack up what's left, dig up my trees, and move.....someplace. I haven't figured out where just yet, but I have places I can go. I'm only keeping a few things that belonged to the family - the rest of it is gone.

By the way, if you guys are interested, I have the following I need to unload cheap, and free if necessary:

1- matching couch & loveseat
2- couch with fold-out bed
3- queen bed w/ mattress & box (mine)
4- matching dresser & bedside table
5- loft-style bunk bed
6- glass coffee table

On a scale of 1 to 10, it collectively averages about a 6.5

I have pics of all of it if you want - lemme know. I'll give you guys first crack at all of it.

Also, if any of you are interested in a huge 4/2.5/3 house in great condition, I'll make you a deal ;-)

Anyway, that's where I am today. I talked to my therapist yesterday and all seems well, but that's about all I can say on that.

From all practical appearances. I *do* have gainful employment at a second job, starting in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, it's as a bouncer again, which I'm not too happy about, but hey - it least it's money, it doesn't interfere with visitation with my kiddo, and I can work it outside of my regular business. I've never lost a fight, but I had one that was a tie, and one where I was winning until all the other buncers jumped in to "help". (I got my glasses smashed and got kicked in the jaw and face on that one, which is why I've sworn to wear contact lenses from now on.) For the record, I think this time I'm going to try a lot more talking and a little less fighting. I've mellowed out considerably in the past year or so.

Meh - that's it for today.

Day 168 in tha' 940, yo.

No comments: