
I know I'm broke.
I know I'm about to lose my house to foreclosure.
I know I'm behind on all my bills.
I know I'm badly in debt.
I know, I know, I know.
But last night we went to Rockin' Rodeo and saw Charlie Robison, and I got to dance at a country music bar for the first time in my life. I had five Shiners (Toni drove) and I sang along at the top of my lungs when he played "Hometown". I came home smelling like cigarette smoke and fell asleep at almost two this morning.
It was great, and I don't have a single regret. It was fun, and I loved every second of it.
Now, I'm not going to make a habit of this by any means. I'm not going to make a habit of spending money I don't have on unnecessary things, but I haven't been to a concert (that I wanted to go to) since I went to go see Stryper in 1989 during their "In God We Trust" tour, which got cancelled, leaving me, my brother and my buddy Eric stranded at the Fair Park Coliseum for four hours until our Dad came and picked us up after the show was supposed to end. And yeah - I had a few beers, too, which I'm now generally trying to avoid. I haven't had a drink in over a week, I think, and I figured it wouldn't kill me to have a few, so you guys don't get worried. I promise I'm not turning into an alcoholic - I have enough problems as is without picking up another monkey I'll eventually have to get off my back. The first one was bad enough, man.
One more thing before I wrap it up.
When I picked up Code Name Diamond from day care yesterday, she had made a little box house for the cats to play in. She had worked really hard on it, and had colored it and decorated it with fabric and little puffballs and I could tell she was really, really proud of it. She went on and on about how the kittens could lie in it and play in it and lay on the soft fabric, and when we got to my house we put in in the floor for the kittens (and Oscar) to investigate. This morning, I took these pictures, which I can't wait to show her tonight.
She's going to be proud - almost as proud as I am of her. I love my daughter, man.
169

1 comment:
They LOVED that box. How cool.
I still can't believe you have so many cat pics without captions.
Post a Comment