
A few years ago, I had recently broken up with a girl. In what I shall deem a moment of weakness and poor judgement, I "Googled" her to see what I could find, and I came across a mushy poem that she had written to her (then) boyfriend, who had put it up on his blog.
I was devastated, but I learned a valuable lesson - if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it every time.
Today, I did it again.
I've driven by Captain D's Seafood Kitchen several times in recent years, and today my curiousity got the best of me. When I walked out 15 minutes later, I had experienced reaction quite similar to the last time I "just had to know" - I felt foolish, filled with regret, had a churning stomach, and was kicking myself for making such a stupid decision when in reality, I knew better.
My lesson here? Just because you don't know doesn't mean you really need to know, and some information is best left undiscovered. Sometimes when you find something out, you later wish you really hadn't found out after all, and are forced to deal with the consequences.
I should have chosen to remain in my Captain D's ignorance - I knew better.

1 comment:
you'd think you would learn your lesson at LJS. ;-)
Post a Comment