
In no particular order....
I.
I don't pray very much. Sometimes I can't see the point or understand why I should. Last night I was feeling pretty bad about not praying, so I just told God that I don't feel like praying and instead just told Him everything that was going on. Afterwards, I felt better. Apparently you don't have to be "praying" to actually talk to God, and evidently, He hears you anyway. That works too. There's a line from "Bruce Almighty" about that I really liked....
Bruce: Lord, feed the hungry, and bring peace to all of mankind. How's that?
God: Great... If you wanna be Miss America.
II.
I had my daughter, who's pushing 7, all of last week and this weekend. She wore me out, man. I feel a little guilty that there were a few times when I felt that she was starting to get a little annoying sometimes? Please tell me that all parents experience this. I'm so much more sympathetic to my own parents now . I know I was an annoying, obnoxious kid. I would have lost my patience with me a whole lot more.
III.
I saw three fireworks displays this weekend.
#1) Roanoke - very nice, great music, good seats, quite well done.
#2) Keller - discovered by accident, we pulled over and watched. Also very nice.
#3) Flower Mound.
Let's talk about Flower Mound for a minute, shall we?
We went to go see the fireworks at Flower Mound High School with Black Hood & Razor Apple. The high school had opened the stadium up for everyone to sit in the bleachers, and then shot the fireworks off from the parking lot. They had to stop the fireworks show once in the middle because of a brief grass fire, and then again to end it early (before the finale) because of some "debris" from the fireworks. And yes, some of it was still on fire when it landed in (or on) the spectators. As soon as the first piece of fallout dropped from the sky, those candy-ass FM residents fled like the HOA was having a meeting. I was embarrassed for them. Such cowardice. It was like watching a bunch of lemmings run for the cliffs when the debris started falling. You could practically hear the letters to the editor being written. We saved a piece of flaming shrapnel; it's about the size of my palm. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow; it's pretty indicative of what was falling on us. It was an awesome display, except for one thing.
Whomever inserted a terrible rendition of some Twila Paris or Sandi Patti syrupy contempo-christian oversinging "The Star Spangled Banner" and modulating the ending into every key she thought she could sing in needs to be dragged into the street and beaten with a stick.
Seriously - if you're going to play that song, be ready for the crowd to stand up and put their hand over their hearts. Don't stick a five-minute version of that song (especially a bad one) in the middle of a fireworks show.
We also shot off quite a few fireworks at my place afterwards, until the FWPD patrol car drove up and parked in front of my house. We hightailed it inside as soon as we saw 'em drive up, and we quit after that. I think my neighbors ratted me out. unfortunately for them, I still have over two dozen mortar rounds left. I may seek some retribution at a later date.
OK - that's it for today.
144

4 comments:
Don't worry....any parent that says they don't get annoyed with their child is lying! When that happens with me I just try to turn everything into a joke...it always seems to help!
Every child will be annoying, or frustrating or infuriating. They are the fallen children of fallen people, and act in a moral vaccuum. God created children innocent so that they wouldn't destroy the earth, and cute so that we wouldn't destroy them.
So far as the kids go, I have two neices and a nephew. They're just great! They're even better when I know I get to return them to my sisters on the same day!!
Don't fret over being annoyed with little ones. Yes, some folks have a little more patience than others. I like what ZACH said about them being cute so we wouldnt' destroy them - that's great, I'm gonna have to remember that!
Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the 4th - I didn't get to do much here. Wasn't feeling well and all, considering I just had surgery the week before and wasn'tup to geting out and about in the community.
Anywho - just wanted to say hey and I guess I'll catch you online laters!
Ian- once again you left me rotflmao!
Post a Comment