Thursday, July 3, 2008

Code Name Delay


OK - because I'm a control freak, here's where I am on the code-name thing.

I like two-word code names almost all of the time. I think it comes from my love of Tom Clancy novels, where they have cool names like Boxwood Green and Certain Coronet, and my affinity for the Lockheed Martin skunkworks division, where they had cool code names like Have Blue. I've even changed a few of y'all's, because I think a few of 'em could be even better. As soon as I'm 100% happy with all of 'em I'll send out a new list.

And if you have some elements you'd like incorporated into your code name, let me know and I'll work 'em in. It's only fair, as I said that I couldn't pick my own code name but I'm sort of doing it anyway, albeit taking as many suggestions as I can into consideration. I know - I still have control issues, especially over totally irrelevant things.

Anyway, what I've been tinkering with is a list of names and a few assorted nouns and adjectives. Here's what I have so far:

Code Name Duracell
Code Name Copper Top
Code Name Carrot Top
Code Name Tardy
Code Name Cleaner
Code Name Toothbrush
Code Name Guardian
Code Name Power Drink
Code Name Planner

The Washer

Muerte Roja (Red Death)
La Bala (The Bullet)
Don Balines (Mr. Buckshot)

Manx (like our cat Brother Bob)
Ocelot

Belated
Overdue
Delayed
Lagging

Sanitary
Tidy


All in all, I think there's some good stuff to work with. Evidently, I have a track record of being terribly, terribly late on a very consistent basis. I have four central themes (red hair, perpetual lateness, cleanliness and evidently some kind of gun violence) but it's hard to squeeze that into two words. At least, it is for me.

I came up with Overdue Ocelot because is incorporates several things; my (lack of) punctuality, my admiration of cats (especially little fierce ones) due largely their tendencies to clean themselves constantly, their ability to adapt in all environments (urban, desert, jungle, & mountain) and for their ability to go from cuddly and adorable to dangerous little killing machine at a moment's notice, of which I am a little envious. Plus ocelots are cool, and are South Texas (Rio Grande Valley) natives. See?



Anyway, that's where I am today, and I have little else to write about :-)

Also, odds are I'm not going to be here tomorrow, as it's the 4th of July and I think we'll be closed that day. So, God Bless America, and I'll see you guys on Monday.

141

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Trusted everywhere. What a great attribute your friends are suggesting. I trust you you. I think your one of those open and honest people that illicit trust in others. I don't like any of the names that reference your tardiness, because your not going to always do that. You should stick with some positive characteristics. Duracell is my favorite because it references your energy to make tests 118 hours a week. My main reason is your original code name given to you by your rents was carrot top and copper top is a grown up version of carrot top. Duracell the copper top trusted everywhere in the world. Can't do better. On my blog I'm calling you Duracell

Anonymous said...

+1

Brandon and Jenny said...

Ok...we'll side with Jo-Jo on this one. Great Southpark Joanna, Joanna!

Brandon and Jenny said...

What about Coppertop Ocelot? I just like the way that sounds