Monday, July 28, 2008

Congratulations - you guys ruined it for everybody.



Well, I removed everybody's ability to make comments here. Hopefully, several of you will go away now, as your ability to shoot off your mouth has been removed. I know this will be met with the haughty tones of "Well, he only did it so he can say whatever he wants without recourse."

To this I say - damn right, skippy. This is my little corner of the internet, and I get to say whatever the hell I want, and it's my call whether or not I give anybody the right to resopond here. This is my blog, which is all about me, and what I think, and what I'm going through. If this upsets you, get your own blog and curse me from there. At least I the rest of us won't have to look at it.

Look - ordinarily I don't care. I have a very tiny readership consisting mostly of family and friends, but somehow I've managed to pick up a few trolls I don't want around, and feeding them is always a terrible idea.

I'd like to make a few responses first, now that I can do so without having to compete with the din of yammering idiots.

Aaron - you're an ass.

Purejoy - you're OK.

Why did I post that guy's mugshot? I'll tell you why.

Several months ago, he came over to this blog and started shooting his mouth off. When I asked him to leave, he made it clear that, in his opinion, this blog was a public forum and therefore had to right to say anything he wanted. I, in turn, located his DWI arrest (which is public record, if you know where to look) and posted what is already public information because, as he claims, it is a public forum, and he should have no trouble with something that is quite obviously public record being posted. Hoisted to his own petard, he apologized for his obnoxious remarks and asked that it be removed, and I complied with his request, with the caveat that if he ever shot off his mouth again I'd re-post it. He did, and I did. So there's that.

I know there's some risk involved here, but I know the guy a very little bit, and I'm not concerned. He's not a bad guy, per se, though in my opinion he has his own issues he's dealing with in his own way, and I don't think he's crazy enough to try anything foolish or unfortunate. On a personal note, I wish him no ill will whatsoever - I just wanted him off my blog. You can change the names you post by all you want, but grammar, phrasing, language, writing style and content are a lot more difficult to disguise.

I really don't know who any of you clowns are, as you have chosen to hide behind anonymous nicknames, but rather than waste my time responding to each individual troll that has found his or her way to this blog, I'll simply slap you with this collective gag and wish you all the best your sad little lives can generate.

I am proud of Clara for stepping up and choosing to defend herself here. This is a large part of the reason I have removed the comment feature - so you asshats can no longer take pot-shots at somebody who not only doesn't have it coming, but who simply doesn't wish to be dragged down into the mire you jackholes create here. She's a better person that all of you combined. Jeebus - what assholes you guys are.

Anyway, I had other things I was going to say but I think I'm just going to wrap it up for today.

165

No comments: