
A very quick update:
My three-week no-fight streak at the bar ended Saturday night. Pride + Alcohol + Undeserved Sense of Entitlement = Trouble. No injuries to either party.
My birthday, celebrated in a very low-key fashion, was absolutely wonderful. My wife and daughter made it a very special occasion. Special thanks to Jen for sending down three delicious T-bones from their ranch - they were awesome.
Recovery still going well, though (out of nowhere) I had a memory of an old experience - from a long time ago - wake up, say howdy and refuse to leave this morning. They say for every day you're not active in your addiction it's out in the parking lot doing push-ups. I suspect they're right.
This morning, Toni and I managed to run out of gas. I know, I know - rather stupid and totally avoidable. I get that part, I promise. However, while we were waiting for our assistance to arrive (about 20 minutes), only one guy stopped to help our of several dozen cars that passed, and that got us to thinking....
We're going to try something in the next few weeks. We're thinking about taking a bit of loose cash, parking on the side of the road and raising the hood in different parts of the surrounding towns, and paying the first driver who offers assistance a few dollars to reward their kindness before moving on. We will, of course, post our observations here. Thoughts?
That's about it for today, I guess. Thanks for reading :-)
640

1 comment:
SOOOOO many times I want to stop and help when I see people in that situation. Mostly it happens when I'm all alone. I really want to stop, but....
Petey says NO WAY! It's just not safe for me to stop and help someone, no matter how innocent and honest the situation looks.
So I immediately pray and ask God to send someone who can help and who will not be put in danger doing it.
Petey and I together have stopped numerous times to help...usually women who are alone. The woman appreciates that I'm there so the "guy" probably will not hurt her. She also appreciates that Petey is there...a man who can actually do SOMETHING to help = )
If you do this, I can't wait to read about it!!
Post a Comment