Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wednesday's Game



I propose this: Open Question Day

Ever wonder something (about me?) and you never had the opportunity to ask? Here's your chance. Anything I've ever written about is fair game - and I have to answer honestly.

The rules are few and simple:

#1) You must ask anonymously - this is to prevent me trying to tailor my answer to anybody specific, to force me to just answer the question itself, and to prevent anybody from trying to figure out who said what, including me.


#2) No info about the kid.

#3) Absolutely no bashing of other people.

I think that's it. Any rule violations will be deleted.
Have fun and dig deep.

615

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling about your life at this point?

Ian said...

I feel fine :-)

I have to stop and realize that I had to re-learn how to live in 2006 when I started recovery, and that I had 33 years of really bad thought patterns, behavioral patterns and habits to correct, not to mention an addiction to break. When you remember that, it doesn't seem quite so bad today.

Financially
Getting out of denial about the fact that we've experienced a massive financial meltdown continues to be helpful. Realizing that it *IS* that bad was the first step in taking some of the stress off. While I dislike the fact that it's going to take us a very long time to get out of debt, I hate not being on my own financial footing even more, and getting back on our feet again is quite a motivator.

I do my best to remind myself to just worry about today, and to remind myself to have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Emotionally
I feel pretty good today. I prayed for about 20 minutes last night, as I feel like I've been under attack the past few weeks or so, sobriety-wise. I've had a fairly consistent rain of thoughts I know I don't need to have, and while I've been doing my best to shut them down, they've been coming at me very heavily the past few weeks. (Nothing ex-related, just to be very clear about that - it's a whole new series.)

Physically
My diet has been dragging me down rather badly as of late, as I tend to fill up on sugar, fat and sodium. I had a great home-cooked meal last night - Toni made chicken parmesean, garlic bread and a tasty green salad with lots of tea. I feel much better today.

I hope I answered thoroughly enough - if I didn't or if you have more questions let me know.

Thank you for playing :-)

Ian said...

-> crickets <-



Heh - apparently I have way too high an opinion of everybody's interest level in me.

Anonymous said...

Who do you think would make the better copy? You or Toni?

Anonymous said...

What was the motive behind this game?

Anonymous said...

When will you choose to invest time into studying the Bible?

Anonymous said...

Why are you investing so much time and energy into a business (the drug test one) that doesn't give much back

Anonymous said...

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Anonymous said...

Question #1:If toast always lands buttered-side down, and a cat always lands on it's feet - what would happen if you strapped a piece of buttered toast onto a cat's back and dropped it-- would it spin and hover inches off the floor?

Question #2: Are we having fun yet?


TONI, Please stop Ian before he actually straps a piece of toast to one of your cats and heads for the roof.

Anonymous said...

#1 Are you wishing you hadn't asked us to ask you questions?

#2 Why haven't you answered all our questions yet?

#3 Do you hate us? Is that why you aren't answering us? Why are you torturing us?

Note: the cat-toast experiment is illegal in 27 states.

Anonymous said...

How much time do you really spend considering (or thinking about) other people instead of just your own self or issues?

Anonymous said...

what do you want out of your life?

Anonymous said...

What does this blog really do for you? Do you worrying about whether someone has posted a comment? Do you feel the same about the posts that get no comment as you do about the ones that get many comments?

Brandon and Jenny said...

Wow. I post a question last night and look at all the other questions. It's like Question Christmas!

word veri - nanclear

Them's nanclear missaisles thar.