No TV, no radio. Toni's reading blogs, and the only real sound is an airplane, a tinkling wind chime, and me typing.
I don't get quiet enough, man. I feel like I ought to spend more time with the TV and the radio off and just listen to the silence. In a few weeks it'll be a zoo around here, and while I really am looking forward seeing all my family again, I'm going to appreciate the quiet while I have it. I think this is another reason I like cats - they tend to be pretty quiet, even when they're trying to wild things.
I've read my Bible twice in the past three days, but I don't want to talk about what I read. If I do that then I feel like I'm giving some kind of daily "here's that I read in the Bible" report, and that's not what this blog is about, and certainly not what I want to do. I'll just flat out quit reading it if I I feel like I have to write a report on it every time, or ever, really. I'd much rather just absorb it and enjoy what I'm reading without feeling like I have to tell everybody What It Meant To Me. Odds are I'm never going to be one of those guys that starts off his blog with "I was studying the Bible last night and I had this revelation." We'll see, huh?
I figured when I had wrapped up everything I had to say I'd turn on the TV and eat a hot dog, before I finished doing laundry and straightening up the house a bit, but I think I'm kind of stalling some, because I don't want to hear the noise just yet. I don't really have anything to say past this point, though.
I have several hours before I go into the club to start work. Until then I think we're going to move furniture and have lunch and clean and try to ditch some ballast. Maybe I'll have an interesting, funny or thought provoking story tomorrow.
622

8 comments:
Enjoy that peace and quiet. It will end in about three weeks, for a little while then it will get quiet again when everybody leaves.
Take care of yourself tonight at work.
I was studying the Bible last night and I had this revelation:
If you take the first letter of each verse in the book of Revelation from the King James version (the one that dropped from heaven, leather bound - not that cheap paperback knock off "American Standard" crap), ok, where was I? Oh yeah, if you take the first letter and determine its position in the alphabet, then take the square root of that number, multiply by the value of PI to 666 decimal places, then add or subtract enough numbers you reach the position for a coded letter in the alphabet which then shows that the first letter of each verse actually, really, once de-coded, spells out "O B A M A I S S A T A N". And if you write that backwards and then hold it up to the mirror - it says THE SAME THING!! OMG!
Really, I swear it does. Don't forget to carry the 1 at step 3 otherwise the coded message gets screwed up and it says "OBAMA IS SANTA" - which makes absolutely no sense at all, obviously.
Spooky, huh?
This message brought to you by the Church of Modern Day Revelationists Dot Com - "We know what is going to happen to you and it isn't pretty".
Oh yeah?
According to a secret report leaked from a super secret joint task force consisting of the Trilaterial Commission, the UN, the Skull and Bones Society, and the CIA says that if you count the number of blades on the black helicopters circling the White House and divide it by the number of '79 Iranian hostages, and then multiply that times the number of times we sent arms to the Contras and then divide that by the number of still-living relatives of Vince Foster, then you get the secret code of Obama's real birthplace, which is, of course, on the side of the moon not faked by NASA in a sound studio in Burbank, California, but on the side of the moon that houses the top-secret Russian/Chi-Com Space Station (Code Name Red Family House) from which they observe, infiltrate and steal national secrets and alter the ingredients in consumer goods such as cigarettes, fast food, and soft drinks, making us slow and logy.
I read it on the internet, so it's al true.
You two need to stop reading the Bible.
I am a little concerned about you two. S. and I.
Those cat pictures are adorable. I think one is timone, who is the other?
It's Timone and Oscar
I disagree, I would say it was Timone and Pumba. Timone and Oscar never snuggle together, they just swat at each other.
I hope you two realize that the fact that you don't know which cat it is hilarious.
If you get another orange cat maybe you can paint a blue dot in it's head.
Post a Comment