I haven't wanted to talk about it here, but it's true. It wasn't really anything expected, but in the end, I wasn't strong enough to resist. The worst part of it is, I let Toni get me into it, and I don't feel guilty about it.
There's more if you want to scroll down, but if you want to bail out now, here's your chance.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! I created tension (and then relief) by using a simple pun. Everything I said was true, but it sounded awful, didn't it!
Hah - I'm just that frightfully clever. I've been waiting to post this for like a week.
Anyway, as you can see, I'm brushing a miniature donkey (Quattro) I like. Toni feeds a horse (Zero) during the week and the miniature donkey keeps the horse company. I give the donkey treats and brush it.
See? How can you not like that face?
Ok - now to the real blog - Catching Up and Giving the Deserved Respect
First off, a few pics.
Here's what Toni cooked last week.
She even got me eating salad.

Next, some work-related pics.
My Halloween mask was on display for several days.

Our daughter came up and hung out with us at work a while back.
She had a pretty good time.

And now, to the sad part. :-(
I need to pay a necessary homage to the passing of two good friends - my boots.
I bought these boots in 1993 when I started EMT school. They saw me through the police academy, and four years of service in the poorest dirt Denton county had to offer and while serving papers and felony warrants on the hard streets of south Dallas county. I wore them on my first drug raid, and while fighting drunks and miscreants in six different bars. They endured muddy clay, blistering heat and the occasional snow and ice. I wore them hunting hogs, dove, and coyotes. They kept my ankles from rolling during paintball and kept my feet from slipping on the wet tile behind the concession stand. They lasted longer than my marriage, were more durable than the relationships that followed. They stuck with me through my divorce, my recovery, losing my house, my car and all of my money. They began to show wear about six months ago, and finally gave out on Saturday night, November 7th, during Lime Time at the theater, where we had a contest to see who could throw a lime over the building. All four layers of the sole finally separated from the rest of the boot, and it was time to say goodbye. Thank you for 16 years of outstanding, faithful service. I'll miss you, boots. Well done.
By the way, I read my Bible last night, and it wasn't terrible. I thought you guys would like to know.
620

3 comments:
Well, for just a few seconds (I am only on my first cup of coffee)I was ready to get on a plane, come home and "kick you ass" but I thought you must be making a joke. Pretty funny too.
So sad about the boots. Did you bury them outside with the dog and cat?
Audrey is growing up too fast. She's not my "baby girl" any more. (well my grand kids will always be my babies)
She is so beautiful. I can't wait to see her. So glad you can take her to work with you some and have a little more time with her.
Holy smokes, your boots! How much did you pay for those? A sad day indeed. And whatever Toni made looked insanely delicioso. It literally made me drool. And the foil for easy cleanup is a great idea!
What did you read in Ye Ole Bible?
word - hothlons. Marathons on Hoth?
Nothing wrong with a bit of a gripe at drunk people. *q:=
I'm not one to claim I don't go to bars. But people *at* bars are often dumb/irritating/sad.
And I agree - if you're in a climate-controlled environment and you don't drink your beer at a pace that it gets tepid.. You have either drank too much already or don't really need to be there in the first place.
On the other hand, if someone tossed a half beer that might have looked empty, I'd be asking for a replacement. *q:=
(captcha == "monstru". ha)
Post a Comment