Friday, November 13, 2009

Before the Slam (another excellent product brought to you by the good people at Advocare) wears off.....



Begin Shameless Advocare Plug:
I worked at the theater from 1 until 8, came home, ate a delicious burger Toni made and had an energy drink to keep me alert while I put in another 4 hours at the bar. That was 5 1/2 hours ago, and I feel great! It's mostly B vitamins, too, so nothing bad for you, either. If you ever drink those energy drinks (5 Hour Energy, etc) , let me know - these work great! (and thus endeth the plug.)

Anyway, I had a great night tonight at the bar. They put me up at the front door, which is nice. It was a beautiful night outside, the crowd was super nice, and I only had one drunk to deal with, plus one unpleasant situation in the parking lot, but nothing I had to involve myself in. Everybody is very nice so far, and the place is run very, very tightly and extremely professionally, which is a delightful change from the shoddy operations I've worked at in the past.

I have nothing important to say, really. All of my recovery stuff is going smoothly, so no problems there. They had a bikini contest at work, which is a weekly occurrence, but A) I generally work the front door and B) I just couldn't care any less. They're all the same, ya know? You've seen one bar chick in a bikini you've seen them all, or at least that's the way I feel about it. It's funny how your thought process can change so radically, huh?

I was thinking that when I do start tom feel like i have trouble with my sobriety (like when I start to feel the warning signs) it's because I've allowed myself to slip up in the teeniest increments; just an ever-so-slight deviation from what I consider healthy, even if it's only for a second. It's funny how quickly that erodes and corrupts, and how, after time, you can absolutely see (and feel) where you'd be (and how badly off you'd be) if I hadn't changed directions three years ago. I'm so grateful to be where I am today, in all respects.

Anyway, I think that's about it for tonight. We're picking up the biscuit (Code Name Diamond's nickname) from her school when they let out, and I'm off tomorrow until 10 PM, by which time she'll be in bed. Other than that, I got nothing', and if I don't have anything to say then I'm gonna wrap it up instead of just yammering on nonsensically. See how considerate I am of you folks? That's me showing you guys the love right there.

And I *do* love you all guys (and gals, too).

624, for Friday.

No comments: