
So last night I did the following......
I cleaned Bunny Cat's litter box, opened her windows, gave her fresh food, water and put the Pumpkin Syndicate in the holding cell (Our daughter's room). I opened the door to the bedroom to let Bunny roam around the house a little, as she's been basically holed up in that room for over a year.
And she wouldn't come out from under the bed.
To my way of thinking, she was either too afraid to come out or too comfortable where she was. I think that's a pretty good mirror for us a people, huh?
I think God has this good life all planned out for us, but we're wither too afraid to come out from under our beds, too comfortable under the mattresses, or we just don't trust Him enough to believe He's really got a good time in store for us; something safe, something that meets our needs, something that we'll enjoy; something different, something refreshing, something fun.
But we tend not to believe it, at least not for real, when push comes to shove and we're not in church, Bible study, or church camp. I know Bunny Cat didn't seem to, and I spent a very, very long time saying I did - but when in the unavoidable reality of my daily life I didn't believe it at all.
O Ye of Little Faith, as Jesus would put it.
Liar, liar pants-on-fire, as the kids say.
Eventually, I had to close the door to Bunny's room, as I didn't have a writ of habeas corpus or a writ of mandamus to hold the syndicate for any longer. I'll try to give Bunny another chance later - maybe tomorrow.
Tomorrow, by the way, I'm going to write about the transformations that God lets us go through. How our minds are transformed, how what what used to be normal becomes inconceivable, and how what used to be comfortable becomes unimaginable, and how I've seen it personally in both my life and my wife's.
I'm also going to write a bit about what I think about motherhood and a few folks I know and what I've seen firsthand, too. I think that one ought to be pretty good one, but it'll likely be late tomorrow night or possibly very early on Wednesday, as I'm covering for a guy at work tomorrow. I lose a day off, but let's be real - I need the money.
Anyway, that's it for tonight.
628 for Tuesday

4 comments:
Wonderful insight, Ian. Can I steal it and use it in a sermon?
Son, I have been slogging my way thru an autobiography of Charles H. Spurgeon - a great British preacher in the past. You have put into a few words what it would take Spurgeon 100 pages to say. He was very verbose! It is a joy to see you mature as you are "transformed by the renewing of your mind". Proud of you!
Your Dad wrote the above.
Sure!
Post a Comment