Tuesday, November 3, 2009

In honor of Mr. McMurtry



Man - you guys get quiet sometimes. It makes me wonder if I hit a nerve, said something incredibly stupid, or if you guys just don't have anything to say that day. I flatter myself as a nerve-hitter ('cause I'm just that good, right? No pride there at all....), but after yet another reality check I strongly suspect think it's really the latter reason, and you guys generally have better stuff to do that comment on my prattling every day.

Anyway.......

After reading about No Ears, Famous Shoes, Blue Duck, Kicking Wolf, Buffalo Hump, Sits On The Water and a few others, I've decided to come up with an Indian Name (or two, or three) for myself. I think I'm actually 1/32 Indian (the Native American Kind) somehow; if I understand it correctly, one of My dad's grandmothers was an Indian, and she had blue eyes. (Feel free to correct me if I'm off, Dad.) Indians have cool names anyway.

So - here are the ones I came up with for me:

#1) Man With Cat
#2) Likes to Fight
#3) Pale Like Ghost
#4) Says Too Much (my favorite)

Toni also came up with Must Keep Clean. Hilarious.

I tried to come up with a few for some of you folks, too, but I couldn't really get anything good. I think the ones you guys would come up with for yourself (and each other) will be funnier. And I'm still fair game, as always, and all are welcome to play in this (slightly?) racially insensitive game, especially if you're actually a for-real Indian, or at least moreso than me.

I will post my daughter's though - I kind of like Blue Eyes Dancing.

You folks chime in, or this will be another blog equivalent to me sitting in an empty room talking to myself - not that that's ever stopped me before.

614


ONE MORE THING......

On Wednesday, we shall play a dangerous game. :-)

2 comments:

haitimom said...

I like blue eyes dancing for my grand daughter. Some people may not have found you yet after you returned to your regular blog spot. I think a lot are just doing FB.

Me? I am never at a loss for words.

Pony and Petey said...

ME ME ME!!! Please bestow an Indian name on me!

I am 1/16th Native American... maternal grandmother was 1/4 Cherokee. My paternal ancestor genes took precedence, hence the blue eyes, blond hair thing = )

But I tan really well! hahaha

I LOVE your blog. I love the cats, I love how you make me think, I love how honest you are with yourself and your readers and I love how it causes me to be honest with myself.

And in all honesty, you win the prize for the #1 funniest blog I read...and I read alot of them!!