
Some days are better than others. Yesterday was a terrible day. Today has been better. Last night I had a dream that Toni and I saved a baby that was in respiratory distress, and the baby made it. After that, I joined a guy from CR in his Cowboy Western Shootout re-enactment group (I have no idea if he even does that or not, but it was pretty cool in the dream, and I got to buy a t-shirt for it). I don't know what all of that means, but it was pretty cool.
I realized last night that I'm still carrying a little bit of hurt from something that happened a long time ago. I've known several people that have had abortions, but in one particular instance I knew the person pretty well and I fought pretty hard trying to get her to keep the baby. Rightfully or wrongfully, I tried my hardest to persuade her to keep it and give it up for adoption, but in the end she had it done. I was devastated, man. When I found out, I wept for that baby, and I guess every once in awhile I still do a little, even though I wasn't the father, I wasn't dating her in any way, and I had nothing to do with the pregnancy whatsoever. I just thought that nobody seemed to be sticking up for the baby, and that somebody ought to, ya know? I still carry that one a little - maybe I need to work on letting that one go, too. I didn't know I was still carrying it until last night. It's still hard, but I think that's where some of my angst comes from on something that I still struggle with from time to time. It's very "Silence of the Lambs" I guess, like somehow if I know that if one situation ends up OK than that'll somehow redeem something, though I'm not sure what. One more layer, huh? I guess on some level I feel like I failed that kid, and if I had said or done something better or smarter or been more spiritual maybe the kid would be celebrating his or her 8th birthday this year. Instead, I still feel like I let the kid down, and he (or she) died because of my failure; because I couldn't save him. I know (intellectually) it's not true, but it still bothers me sometimes, and it took something else occurring to bring it to the surface, which I guess I'm thankful for, because I guess now I can deal with it.
Moving (well..... packing) is going pretty well. I'll have the entire house in the front room by Friday night, and I should be 99% out of the house by Saturday, with just a few straggling bits & pieces to round up on Sunday and next week. It'll be nice to have a new place to live. It'll be like a fresh start, ya know?
Sometimes I share too much, I guess. Yesterday I tried to be open with some of the guys on another forum, but I don't think it went too well. In a way, I thought they'd understand, but instead they just seemed to be pretty appalled. It's not their fault, really. I guess it's not something that guys talk about. I don't think I'll do that again. I guess you have to pick and choose who you open up to - I should have talked with my CR guys about that instead. Sorry, guys.
My back is getting better.
Still no paycheck today.
Still no buyer for the house.
Tonight I get to go work security at church, so that'll be cool. I enjoy doing that.
Anyway, that's it for today.
202

7 comments:
Naw. Appalled because the mental image was appalling - and, well, dudes tend to laugh/tease when they're out of their comfort zone.
Personally, I thought it was funny enough to go out and find a couple new smilies to joke with you about. *(:=
Well, I figured you could appreciate it.
Don't feel bad. The other day I was dreaming *right* before I woke up (so it was totally awfully vivid) that I was really hungry. AND I BIT A KITTEN'S THROUGH ITS SPINE.
"Horrid" is a totally insufficient word.
Also: I may be a vampire zombie.
Warning. Vestigial "through" detected. It was due to editing that sentence and not proofing. Because the sentence is awful and I didn't want to read it again.
Indeed. Guys joke to cover discomfort. I don't think we're shocked by much...especially something we can relate to.
So, Bri, you bit a kitten through its spine? or you bit a kitten's spine?
Cannot forget Mexico...cats may indeed be pretty tasty. Kittens are too cute to eat. (Except for an evil one we met in Coppell....now there is a story worth telling)
Like living kitten, mouth around trunk of body from the top and chomp.
Makes me ill just thinking about it.
I blame a late night viewing of 'andrew zimmern's bizarre foods'. The kitten looked exactly like balut on the inside.
(capcha is "peptobuf" which is perfectly hilarious.)
Post a Comment