
Don't worry - I didn't fall off the wagon over the weekend. That would have required effort, and after moving & unpacking for three days straight I wouldn't have had the energy anyway.
My first observations about apartment life:
The combination shower/bathtub is vastly superior to the phone booth shower I had in the house. I get cleaner, I don't knock stuff down, and there's nothing to split my head open when I drop the soap.
It's easier to keep cool.
I'm going to lose some weight walking four flights of stairs every day.
As long as they're together and have their basic needs met, your cats don't care where you live. All three have adjusted very well already. Oscar hid for a lot of the first day, but by Sunday evening he was completely adjusted. The kittens never even blinked.
We're at least 70% unpacked & moved in already. Not bad.
Brian & Zach are:
A) True Friends. They wouldn't let me move anything risky.
B) Hard Workers. We had it knocked out about four hours.
C) Incredibly Funny. I need to hang out with those guys more.
I can't thank those guys enough for helping me move. They totally saved my back from being mangled. Also, Zach is eerily strong, especially for such and unassuming & non-threatening appearance. Brian, of course, just that ox thing going for him.
I've started buying food to cook at home. Our kitchen is set up GREAT for cooking, and Toni did an excellent job of setting it all up. At first, I lamented the fact that we didn't have a pantry, but truthfully, I cooked twice this weekend, and I didn't miss it at all. I think pantries might be a tad overrated.
I ran out of my anti-anxiety meds over the weekend. I get a little punchy when I run out of those, but I'm OK. I haven't had time to be anxious, and I'll get 'em refilled soon enough. I have to confess something, though.
Yesterday, in Albertsons, there was a lady walking around and talking on her cell phone. She was moving at about 1/2 mile per hour. She walked slow. She moved slow. She shopped slow. After about ten minutes of being in the same store as her, I wanted to go up to her and slap the phone out of her hand and tell her to quit talking, get your shopping done, drive home, put up your groceries than THEN she could talk on the phone. Did her actions have any impact on me whatsoever? No, but it sure did annoy me for some reason. I choose blame my lack of Klonopin, otherwise I might have to admit I'm prideful and impatient and wasn't happy with the fact the she wasn't living her life in a way that I approved of.
*sigh*
Oh, Lord - I'm a fault-filled man. But I digress.....
I'm looking forward to getting both of out finances under control. I can start working on that on Wednesday. It'll take some doing, but it should be easy once we get it rolling.
No news on the house yet - I was supposed to have two very strong contenders over the weekend but I haven't heard anything yet today. The fat lady hasn't started singing yet, but she may be warming up in the background.
Watching Code Name Diamond check the PO Box on Sunday, I was struck by about something. As much as I fuss about not getting paid, there's element of that I hadn't grasped until this weekend. On the reverse side of that, each and every day you go to the mailbox, there really might be money in it, and that's kind of cool. It a very optimistic way to look at it, and it's nice to have little something to hope for, that renewed hope each and every day. i guess in a way, it's a little how God works, if you think about it.
You know that in the past, you've been given something good several times, usually right when you need it. You don't know what's going to happen today. You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, but you know that today, you're going to have enough food to eat, and someplace safe to sleep tonight, and that tomorrow He's going to provide all of those things for you again because He loves you. Now, I didn't get paid today, but tomorrow, I'm going to get up, get excited about going to the mailbox, and see how God's going to take care tomorrow. In an odd sort of way, it's kind of an exciting way to live.
I mean, you either believe that God's going to take care of you, and you live that out by trusting Him anew every morning, or you don't, and let the world suck the life out of you one day at a time.
It seems like an easy choice to me, ya know?
OK - back to work. See you guys tomorrow
207
*** NOTE ***
HoneyB - e-mail me a good link to your blog, willya? The one I have here doesn't work :-(

6 comments:
Indeed - Brian and Zach are men of the highest order. I miss 'em.
And after working with Zach at the moving company, he is deceptively strong. And can load a truck like a Tetris board.
moo.
So any of you guys available in maybe say October for unloading in Pittsburgh? We haven't sold a house or anything but I am being optimistic. It will be fall and the leaves are supposed to be spectacular up here.
Oh yeah...average high for the coming week is the low 70's
October may be a little busy ...
I'm out for Oct 4th & Oct 18th, but if you move on the 11th or the 25th I can help.
You pickin' up the ticket, Nate? *(:=
Also, I would think you now have a big ol' group of willing slave labor to ensure the devotion of their new pastor. *q:=
Post a Comment