Friday, September 5, 2008

I don't have much to say, so this won't take long.

I gotta print & mail out invitations today, ship one order, run the credit card, pick up the kiddo, rent the moving truck, and spend the rest of the night loading it before moving out in the morning and trying not to blow another disc in the process.

There's a little noise about the house and a buyer, but nothing solid yet.

And I gotta get to CR tonight, too. I missed last week because God (maybe) was punishing me for my blasphemy, so I need to go tonight, and not put any soda cans on the ground. Also, I should not make any jokes about God's private parts. Learn from me, people, and remember - God is merciful, especially to His children. He could have done a lot worse. Remember this little gem?

"And it so happened that that very night an angel of God came and massacred a hundred and eighty-five thousand Assyrians. When the people of Jerusalem got up next morning, there it was - a whole camp of corpses! " - 2nd Kings 19:35

Anyway, no more cracks about God from me.

What else? I guess that's about it, really. My back feels about 90% today.


I'm back on all my meds, so the constant vertigo and the ringing in my ears has stopped again, and I feel pretty calm & mellow, despite all that's going on.


I'm looking forward to getting this move over with and spending a little time with Code Name Diamond, too. You guys have a good weekend, and I'll see you on Monday.

204

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Cool...you have more noise on your house than we do on ours. Can't get anyone to buy and lately can't get showings.

Total suckage.

Ian said...

Yeah - the market is in the crapper, amigo. Try lowering the price $20K below market value like I did. I didn't even get lookers until I did that. If I can only take a loss of a couple grand I'll be happy.

Good Gawd - it's a terrible time to sell a casa.

What I really want is a good fire, perhaps by a lightning strike. I'll pay you $50 to come over the next time we have a thunderstorm and "read" ;-) - that worked one time, as I recall.

Zach said...

I predict that Ian's back will be at aprox. 3% to 35% by Sunday.

Unless he sucks it up and lets other guys do the lifting.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Yes. Listen to Zach. You need your back and the other guys can knock that stuff out in no time.

I can't believe your house hasn't sold at that price. It's a fantastic house (we'd buy it), especially for that price. Whatever it is - it's LOW.

Ditto for Nate's house. People should visit Guatemala. They would be less picky then.