
I have to admit - I'm starting to really, really dislike being told where I can and cannot carry my concealed handgun. Lately, there's three places that have irritated me.
#1) The Post Office. Yeah - I know, it's federal regulations, apparently designed to keep the postal workers safe. But who's going to protect me from the postal workers? There's one up there that I think might just twist off any day now.
#2) Taco Cabana. Seriously, man. The managers I've spoken to say it's because they sell alcohol and TABC (that's Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, for you "non-industry" folks) is happier if they ban handguns. If their food wasn't so darn tasty (and cheap) I'd boycott them altogether. I know some folks already have.
#3) Grapevine Mills Mall. Apparently they trust me enough to take my money, but not to carry a gun I have a license to carry. Fie on you, mall. Fie on you.
So yesterday I had to leave my old war-horse Glock locked in my car while Toni and I traipsed around GVM looking for wedding shoes, which we found at the first place we looked at. However, I still carried my knife....

....and my kubaton.

They're not getting those.
And Toni's shoes are quite....well, sexy.
Ooooo - you know what else I got to do yesterday? I got to go into Victoria's Secret and actually feel justified in being there! I haven't been to a Victoria' Secret since 2003. I think I'd forgotten how nice and pretty and frilly and lacy and girly that place is. It was nice to be able to go in there and pick out things that I think my wife might like, ya know? 25 more days, friends. 25 more days.
AND
We went to Fuddrucker's and ate afterwards, because Toni was taking me on a date. In a moment of rare self-discipline, I did not eat the 1 lb burger, though today I slightly regret not doing it. Not because it's a challenge, but because it's that good.
We also stayed up late and witched "To Kill a Mockingbird", too. That's a great movie. We were trying to figure out which modern days actors who would play the characters - that's a hard game to play for that movie.
So....as far as working my steps goes, today I'm going to list all the resentments I can think of. I'm not going to post 'em here, though - no good can come of that. I think acknowledging them will be a good start. There's a few I don't know how to deal with just yet, but that's why I have a sponsor, and a pretty good one at that.
Today, I need to remember to keep working Step #3 - Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. And I think a big part of working step 3 (for me) is continuing to work the other steps when I need to, including 4 & 5. I know I'll feel a lot better and a lot more "freed" afterwards.
I guess that's it for today.
222

3 comments:
I always wanted to carry concealed. Though up here, I'm not sure I'm allowed for one, and for two, there's not hardly any crazy people. Wonder where I could find out if I can carry concealed in SD? Probably not, seeing as how this state is ass-backwards when it comes to politics.
By the way, it is my understanding that the sign posted at Grapevine Mills is the OLD wording sign from the 1990's. It is no longer a compliant 30.06 sign and therefore holds no legal weight. Additionally, not every entrance is posted - but that doesn't really matter since the sign itself is not legally compliant.
Wonder where I could find out if I can carry concealed in SD?
Try here:
South Dakota Concealed Carry Site
Short answer: Yes, you can get a concealed carry permit in SD.
Post a Comment