Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.



Yesterday, we absolutely had to pay our water bill.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Yesterday, we absolutely had to pay our electricity bill.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Yesterday, I had to get 3 of my bank accounts out of the red.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Yesterday, I hit a nail and blew out my right rear tire.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Yesterday, my cats ran out of food.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Yesterday, we to eat lunch out, as we were stuck at Discount Tire.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Yesterday, we had to make an unexpected run to the Sheriff's office.
Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

Last night at about 9:30 or so, as we were pulling out to go to the store, a guy flagged me down and asked me how far he had to go to get to Oklahoma. When I told him he had about an hour to go, he asked if he could borrow a few dollars just so he could get home.

Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

I told the guy to follow me to the pump, where, because I had been able to get my bank account back out of the red, my debit card worked. I ran the card, and told him to put in $20. He tried to tell me that he didn't need that much, and that he only needed a few dollars to get home, but I told him that he'd still need to drive when he got there. He asked if he could shake my hand, and of course I did. My only regret was that I forgot to ask him if he was hungry until after I was already back on the road, but I think he was OK.

Look - I decided that there was no way that God had made him take that exit on that freeway, make that right turn, pull off onto my street, spot my car, flag me down, and ask me for a few dollars so he could get back home on the day that I had just gotten paid. God knew, man, and I knew He knew. I also think God knew how good I'd feel after helping somebody else out that needed it. And He was right, man - He always is. And this isn't about me- not one little bit. All I did was do what God put me there in that moment to do.

Fortunately, I got paid yesterday.

And some of it was even in money.

Godspeed, man. I hope you made it home.

215

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is nice. Uplifting.

Okay my blog is... well... on haitus.

Stupid, I know. Just put my old one up.

www.stillworkingonme.blogspot

I know. Confusing and stupid.

Have you seen INVASION with Nicole Kidman. I think you'd like it. It is horrifying, I think. We need to plan for this possibility. Just saying- see it.