Now, before I got into what happened Friday night, I need to go into what happened on Friday day, so it makes more sense.
See, on another message board I go to, we had the following exchange. I'll sum it up really quick:
SillyMunkey posted an interesting article from PopSci.com entitled "Rods from God - space launched darts that strike like meteors"
After three thoughtful, articulate and concise posts from other users, it went profoundly downhill when I responded with this.
"I thought this was only Rod from God.

Also - I want to see who's the first to make a joke about God's Rod."
I know, I know - it was an awful thing to say. Bri even addressed the uncalled for nature of such a terrible thing, saying.....
"glances at the looming clouds fraught with flickering lightning stabbing amongst themselves above justin tx - Not it."
And Brando said "jokes about God's genitals" and put a picture of somebody holding their face in their palm in an appalled and resigned manner.
The conversation ended there, but I think I had taken the joke too far, and would pay for it dearly quite shortly. In retrospect, I had it coming.
Personally, I think He might have waited, gotten me on His turf and then decided that now was a good time to remind me of who I was being ugly to.
Five minutes after I got to CR, which meets in a church, otherwise known as God House, I put a soda can on the ground, and immediately felt a pop in my lower back. I had finally slipped (dislocated) a disc in my lower back, and had to be carried to my car in excruciating pain, feeling very faint & like I was about to lose control of my bowels, driven to the emergency chiropractor, given immediate decompression and realignment treatments, and spend that night in agonizing pain, eating muscle relaxers & pain killers like candy for the entire weekend and for most of yesterday, too.
The lesson I've learned? Don't be a smart-ass with God. He still takes that seriously, and I think I went a little too far with it. Don't get me wrong - He has a great sense of humor, but I think he was delivering a little message, man. Be respectful. I am Holy. Be nice. Oh - and why don't you bow a little just to make sure you really learn this one?
Today I'm about 65%-75% back to normal, thanks mostly to the prayers of my fellow believers for God healing and God's mercy, which He's also generous with. I can walk pretty well without a cane, drive short distances, get up from bed without assistance, and tie my shoes again. The pain, while only present about 80% of the time, is only about a 4 on a 10 scale now, and in a few more weeks I ought to be back 100% normal.
But no more vulgar God jokes, though, man. I think I'm done with that. Once again - I'm really sorry, and I would like to publicly ask for your forgiveness. I won't do that again.
In the meantime, I got a lot of (very light) packing done over the weekend. It was about all I was able to do.
I'm gonna get back to work. Respectfully and Humbly.
Day 201.

2 comments:
Get back to work. Ha. Ha.
Wish I could post a Nelson pic.
HAHA.
*q:=
Post a Comment