
Today I did maintenance (even the managers have to do the dirty work from time to time) at work, which means I could go in wearing BDU's a t-shirt, which I did. I spent the bulk of the workday changing light bulbs (nearly 40, all at least 25 feet off the ground, against the walls of the auditoriums, using a long ladder on a slanted floor) and scrubbing the floors & baseboards. Totally worth it - I got to dodge wearing the suit for a day. And I chewed out an employee on Sunday night; she was offering endless and wholly unnecessary commentary as another manager and I tried to open a broken register during a rush, and I eventually ran out of patience and told her to keep her comments to herself, shut her mouth and do her job. I have to admit - I enjoyed it a little. I've been wanting to tell her to shut up for several weeks now, and I was glad to get the opportunity. I'll be back in the suit tomorrow, though.
After I ate the leftover chicken fried steak for dinner and Toni and I went for a bike ride; 20 minutes to her mom's house and 20 minutes back. Now my legs are tired but I sure do like riding with Toni.
Tonight we caught Oscar on the couch chewing Pumba's foot like a chicken leg. It's getting weird over here, but I did make a pretty good dessert when I got home using carmelized Eagle Brand in pastry shells, although I got the wrong kind of pastry shells. I made this dessert about 16 years ago once before - I think it tasted better then.
*sigh*
-> section deleted; I need to call my acountibilty partners about something that makes no sense to me.
On a totally separate note, I finally saw a picture (not a prototype sketch) of a gun I've been waiting to be released for nearly three years.
Also, is surfing hard? The guys on TV make it look easy.
Eh - I think I'm written out for the night.
484

1 comment:
on the desert, try it again. It's always hard making something after a long time because you think you remember but actually don't and the memory and the food never line up that first try.
What was it? Maybe there is a better recipe for it online somewhere? Cooking is a lot of trial and error. Which you, by the way, have MASTERED with chicken. It's not quite mom's (nobody's is), but it's better than anything I can make.
On surfing - Jenny and I were talking about that SAME thing not just a few days ago. I hope someone gives you an answer. We think it's like snowboarding: really hard at first and you either can or can't, but once you get it, you can do it at least pretty well. Of course we have no idea.
Post a Comment