I have to wear a watch at work but the only I have is an old cheap one I used to wear at the bar. It has a fabric band, and lately it's developed quite a stink. I'm soaking it in peroxide to break up all the old, soaked-in sweat and spilled beer and I'm going to soak in some hot bleach water tomorrow. If that doesn't kill the funk I'm just going to wear it anyway.
Thank you guys for praying for Toni today. From all outwards appearances, it looks like it was just a teeny hormone imbalance. She's going back on the pill to get everything back to normal again now that I have a steady (but small) income.
Toni's been doing 99% of our little company's work for the past few weeks. I have to admit, she's doing a great job at it. And man, did I need a break. I have to admit - I like coming home from work sometimes and just relaxing, or doing something that has no productive value whatsoever, like my next project, which is making a spear. No reason.
Queen (the rock band) has to be one of my favorites. One of things I like the most about 'em is that's it really good musically, and that folks can still showcase Queen's talent in their own performance. This is probably my favorite example of this; it's the Mnozil Brass playing "Bohemian Rhapsody". If you like music like the Canadian Brass, Queen or DCI, you're gonna love this. If you don't, just skip it and keep reading. Don't worry about the video length; it's not really nine minutes.
It finally happened - Bunnycat, my Mom's heinous cat, actually likes me. She comes running and meowing and wants to be petted when I walk in. I consider this a victory.
I got a new concealment holster and I really like it. Now I'm carrying a fully loaded Glock with two spare magazines and nobody knows but me. And Toni. And you guys. But it's still concealed, so it's OK that all of you know.
The remote for the satellite dish keeps dying after a few clicks. It comes back about two minutes later, but it's annoying. Maybe it needs batteries.
My little catalpa trees are growing pretty well. My little maples are, too. I'm gonna plant some more.
Last night I got the rage again. I was blogging and I didn't want to stop, and Toni and I got into it a little bit because I haven't been spending enough time with her lately. We talked it out and we're OK now, but for a few minutes I was really mad; like breaking things mad. My cell phone crapped out yesterday (I have a new one on the way), and I almost ripped it in half and threw it across the room, but I was afraid I'd miss and break a window and this isn't my house. I've done that a few times in a fit of rage - I think I'm on at least my fifth or sixth phone, which is why I buy the cheapest ones I can get.
I don't like getting the rage. I took 1 mg of Klonipin to take the edge off of me, and that seemed to work, but only after about an hour of being ready to tear somebody's head clean off. On nights like that I think it's a pretty good thing I'm not a bouncer anymore, but at times I think that it was the bouncer job that let me bleed off some of that stress so it didn't build up quite so much.
I think it's hard for girls to have close girl friends a lot of the time. I saw an ad on TV that said that women will be enemies until something makes them friends. I know Toni has has to deal with this as of late. I think she misses the friendships she's had in recent years, including an unlikely but pretty good one she was developing a little while back. I think she misses that friendship, and while I know it's not entirely my fault that one fell apart, I (and I think she) still regrets that everybody lost out on that. I wish I could say a bit more on this, but it wouldn't be fair to either party, so I'll drop it here. She's rebuilding some old ones, and forging some new ones, and I'm really proud of her. It's tough for you girls.
HoneyB had a great comment on my last post - those "dating-line" phone numbers you can call and talk to members of the opposite sex (for $1.99 a minute, I'm guessing). Seriously? Does anybody think that the models on TV even vaguely resemble who you'll actually be talking to? I'll bet they look like this:

And the mouse on this computer is getting squirrley, too. It drops pretty frequently, and it's kind of annoying, too.
My "new" job is getting better; I'm really starting to learn how everything comes together. I don't think it's ruined movies for me or anything, but now when I go see one I think about all of the technical and management aspects of everything that's going on. Man - it takes a lot to run a theater for real.
Toni and I ate the big meat sandwich with Timmmmmmay, Bri, his wife, their kiddo & our buddy Truman. I'm still processing it.
OK, that's it. this is two day's worth of blogging in one post, so I'm wrapping it up. Oh - and Toni stuck some new batteries in the remote. We're golden.
Today was 441. In a little over a month it'll be #481, and I'm giving myself until that day to make decision I've been putting off for a while. 481 is my old badge number and call sign. I think that's pretty cool.
Saturday will be 442, and I'm taking the day off. Have a cat :-)

2 comments:
Hahaha. That cat in the bottom right really made me laugh. Thanks.
Is your mouse a roller ball or one of those laser ones? I've had roller balls get gunky (who knows from what) and a laser one need batteries. Who knows.
On the spear. I am of course a huge fan of home weaponry, as you remember from our adventurous childhood. I'm making Jenny a doggie poking stick because when she goes walking packs of dogs try to attack Bela, our dog. They leave Jenny alone but yesterday two dogs were trying to fight Bela until a friendly driver came by and tried to hit the bad dogs and a Guatemalan lady shooed them off. Anyway, I'm getting a long stick (broom handle length) and putting a sharpened nail in the tip so Jenny can poke from a distance. Kind of a spear.
"my next project, which is making a spear. No reason."
Right... no reason...
*cough*zombies*/cough*
Word verification: ownses
I'm toddler-leet
Post a Comment