
Today I realized that I am indeed a terrible, terrible "know-it-all."
I'm sorry - I'll stop.
And I have to apologize to a kid at work. We had a urinal that needed unstopping and he refused to glove up and do it himself, even though it's his job. For the rest of the night I called him "princess" and told him that after he swept the theater, then he could go to the ball. I also told him I hoped he found his glass slipper, too.
I'll tell him "I'm sorry" tomorrow. I guess I can be a little mean when I'm mad.

9 comments:
It's hard not to be when you do, in fact, know it all. *q:=
Joking aside, yeah, good job on the princess story. When he arrives at work, you should inspect his car and act surprised when you find no pumpkin seeds. Then again, given the delicate nature of kids these days, you'll be lucky if the dandy shows up today or is at home cutting himself or some bs.
Oh wait, apparently joking was not aside yet. *(;
Yeah, that's tough. Cause it sounds like the kid just needs to suck it up and do his job. He's got a glove on, right?
But you can't crush him either. That's counter productive.
Who ended up cleaning the urinal?
Ian, it wasn't nice. It was human, just like you. But, OMGosh, I found it exceptionally funny.
Oh - I cleaned it myself. I've cleaned so many urinals I'm immune to the gross factor.
Ian, I have an old cowboy friend named Glen. He is just a little rough round the edges. Look ya in the eye and tells ya what he thinks kinda man. Sometimes he seems a bit harsh. Point of all this is Glen is constantly thanked by folks, my wife included, for the blessing of thicker skin that he gave em. Maybe that is your role in this kids life?
Like your reader Brian said, kids are delicate. I hope I am readin this the right way, as in, they are wimpy. If bein called Princess is the worst part of his day then he defiantly needs to consider himself lucky. I know for a fact what my 12 y.o. daughter would think of this.
"If bein called Princess is the worst part of his day then he defiantly needs to consider himself lucky."
Hahaha. Man aint' that the truth! mybe you ought to buy a little tiara from the dollar store for people t wear who won't do dirty jobs. Or bring in Mike Rowe!
Make sure you tell us how you built the kid up the next time you saw him at work.
Ian, be careful. This is the kind of thing people get sued over. I wont go into the legality but it would be wise to not talk to much about it and just ask for forgivness.
I quit worrying about getting sued several years ago. My financial life can only get so fucked up before it's worthless to try to get any more money out of me. Let Princess Jasmine take his best shot - I'm way past the point of caring.
I do appreciate the advice and the spirit in which it was given, though.
Sorry for the nasty reply - the IRS levied all seven of my bank accounts again and it's caused quite a few difficulties. I'm a bit on edge.
Post a Comment