Sunday, April 5, 2009

Monday in Advance


This pic has nothing to do with anything, other than it's kind of funny and makes me glad I don't have anything to do with horses. And it impresses me even more that Toni trained those things for 20 years.

I'm a'writin' on Sunday night so I can use my Monday for work. This was indeed a fine weekend, despite brushing my teeth too hard and gouging myself in the mouth twice. I have to remember that I'm actually only brushing my teeth and not scraping off paint. Oh - and I ought to start my new gig this week; I'm waiting to hear from 'em, hopefully on Monday. But I digress.....

Saturday we spent over an hour with our daughter working on bike riding - she's doing great. She didn't fall once, and she's gotten over the fear part, which is the biggest thing. We used a combination of threats, encouragement & a LOT of praise, but she's getting a lot better every time. It's makes you proud as a parent and makes you think you're doing something right when your kid accomplishes something like that. It's a milestone, bike riding. I also want to point out I couldn't have done it without Toni - she has insights I don't have and can never obtain. She has that girl-brain that's completely foreign to me that enables her to relate to our daughter in ways I just can't, and it's beyond wonderful to have her around. Our daughter and I are both so blessed to have her around. I don't tell her that enough.

We spent Saturday night at my buddy Kent's house with his wife Cindy and their kiddo, Code Name Uma. Uma is 12 and had a blast playing with our daughter, setting up booby traps for us grown-ups to walk into. They fed us and let us hang out with 'em until waaaay too late - we didn't leave until 2 AM. Time got completely away from us - it does that when you're having that kind of fun.

Sunday we all slept late - real late. Like until 1 PM. We ate a huge breakfast of bacon & eggs (mostly bacon) and played a searching game where we took turns hiding and searching for 13 Littlest Pet Shop animals concealed around the house. We even had our daughter home on time, despite raceway traffic. It's NASCAR time at TMS, and for the first time in five years I'm nowhere near it. It's nice, though I miss seeing the people that comprise the crowd.

We spent Sunday night watching "Blackballed - The Bobby Dukes Story" which I'm sure HoneyB and Nate have seen. Hilarious. Then I think I made my wife mad by not really thinking about her as much as myself, for which I'm sorry. I think she's forgiven me, but I'm still gonna shave tonight to keep myself in her good graces. I'm a kind and loving man when I'm not being a schmuck.

Then I blogged.
Then I put a period at the end of this sentence.
Then I took a shower because I had the funknasty.
Then I went to bed.
Then I slept.
Then I got up and worked all day and didn't piss off my wife once.

Check me out - I'm psychic, too.

412, as I'm gonna have a good day tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute :)

Brandon and Jenny said...

So, I've gotta ask...

"Then I think I made my wife mad by not really thinking about her as much as myself, for which I'm sorry. I think she's forgiven me, but I'm still gonna shave tonight to keep myself in her good graces. I'm a kind and loving man when I'm not being a schmuck."

You said, "I think..." twice in there when you ought to say, "I know..." Like, "I know I made my wife mad" I bet...$20 (because that's still a lot to me) that you KNOW you made her mad. If you have to ask, "Did I make you mad" you're not paying attention.

I know this because I've asked that before when, if I was smart, I would have observed my wife better.

Oh, and if Toni likes you clean shaven...shave every day. Especially if your being scruffy precipitated the "I think I made my wife mad"

I'm glad you had fun with Kent and Co. Last time I was with him at 1:00am I'm certain I was up to no good.

Ian said...

Agreed. I know when I've made her mad, and I generally know why 99% of the time.

The not doing whatever it was in the first place is usually the struggle.

Brandon and Jenny said...

"The not doing whatever it was in the first place is usually the struggle."

aMEN to that.