Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It Comes Around



Today I repent every bit of whining I've ever done at work about petty stuff. Now when I hear it I think "you kids are soft." I tend to forget the minor inconveniences (whether real or imagined) are all they know, are likely the worst things they've encountered thus far, and don't have the life experience to know better. It still wears me out, though. I just want to look at them and yell "WAAAAAHHH". And the sad thing is I know I was just as bad, if not worse, then them when I was that age, so there's that, too.

My lovely wife got me some new socks today - they're made to combat the StinkFeet. I'l update you guys on Thursday night how it's going, 'cause I'm off tomorrow and plan to spend the day basking in my Chuck Taylors.

So we're finally getting some movies I want to see - "Gran Torino" and "Taken", two films I actually want to see.

AND......

Since we're down to one car, Toni and I are planning on getting a motorcycle. We think it'll be a better option than a second car as it'll have a much lower initial investment and much less operating cost, and we generally drive less than 10 miles from home 99% of the time. I used to ride and Toni's a fast learner. As soon as we can get the cash together I think we'll be picking one up and enrolling in a cycle safety course together. I can hear Bri getting ready to introduce us to the riding world from here. We're looking at sport bikes. I may even wait to get my M4 until we get a bike, which is saying something.

Anyway, I'm tired now. See you guys tomorrow.

427

3 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Is the Honda dead? May cost less to fix it than buy a bike. Dunno.

We saw "Taken" when we were in Lubbock. I thought about you when I saw it and I think you will like it. Wanted to see Gran Torino too but, alas, no netflix here. :-)

brian said...

I can hear Bri getting ready to introduce us to the riding world from here.heh. I already posted on the munkies forum then I see this. You're getting prescient or I'm getting predictable. *(:=

Nathan said...

My parents LOVED Gran Torino

Word Verification: Coman

COMAN The Barbarian