
So tonight we went to WalMart to get groceries. I've been trying pretty hard to eat better, and I started looking at the cereal to see how much nutrition was in 'em.
Know what? They're all pretty much the same. And Cookie Crisp has less calories than Frosted Shredded Wheat. I was devastated. I spent the next ten minutes dejectedly wandering up and down the cereal aisle trying to recover, and trying to juggle taste and nutrition. I ended up with Honey Nut Cheerios. I don't know how I feel about that anymore.
We're working on a few projects. We're working on planning a vacation. Maybe we can take two - it's be fun to take our daughter someplace this summer. Anyplace. Now that I have another full-time job we might could pull that off. Truth be told, I'm regarding the new job as a very time-consuming supplemental job as I make substantially more at our little company per hour, but I'm still taking it very seriously and I'm going to give it my all while I'm there. We were talking today about how nice having that new job will be during the summer slump. It looks like I can start early next week, which means I'll get one more free weekend with my wife and kiddo.
Oscar has become very, very clingy lately. He's crying to be picked up, trying to climb me like a tree, sit in my lap or on my shoulder, or tripping my by wrapping himself around my feet like a tripwire in 'Nam. I try to acknowledge and affirm him regularly, but lately he's been getting under my skin from time to time. He's lucky I like him so much. The other cats are generating no drama whatsoever, other than Scrappy backing up all three of the orange gatos onto the back porch. Bunny remains unchanged, though well-attended to.
While I'm yammering on, there's three commercials on TV that need to cease immediately.
#1) Pizza Hut's one large pizza for $5.99, while quite effective, is annoying as all hell. I'm about ready to stab that guy.
#2) Quizno's new slim steak sandwich commercial is creepy. The oven wants the Quizno's employee to have sex with it. Admit it - that's what the oven is asking for. Ovens are not for sex - even I know that.
#3) The new Cotton Patch commercial is inappropriately dramatic.
Thus endeth my commercial rant.
We're hoping to have lunch with Chuck tomorrow, and I'm glad I went on that Lubbock trip with Nate and Brando a few years back - we're having fun remembering.
OK - that's it.
409

1 comment:
The only thing I look for is FIBER.
sigh.
Post a Comment