
So I come up with at least one blog-worthy thing a day, but I tend to forget it if I don't write it down, so you guys get whatever's on my brain by the time I sit down. It's not quite fair, I know, but it's what happens when I don't carry around a notepad. I carry around enough crap as it.
So we took our daughter to the movies and let her see the stuff behind the scenes, where she got to look out the projector window and start the movie. She had a blast, though we missed a real dinner because we ate too much popcorn, Icee, Skittles and cokes. She's off grounding, which means we can do a lot more fun things as a family. And I actually have a steady income, even if it is a small one, and we might get to do some of the stuff we've always said we would this year.
We're still trying to iron out some of the details on getting a motorcycle. Cost, make, etc. So far, we do know it'll be blue.
Oh - last night I responded to an alarm call at my job - I'm on ADT's contact list to respond as a key holder, so I grabbed my shotgun and met the cops up there. Three hours later we got back home - no intruder, and the cops were really cool. I'm sending the chief an attaboy letter for 'em. It was fun to get to do something like that again. We slept in today - it was great.
Toni and I are trying to (get Kent to) plan a girls vs. boys hunting trip, where we're going to see if our wives can out-shoot us boys in the hog-hunting department. I blame Kent's wife for starting this - she's a vicious (and prolific) serial squirrel killer with over 10 confirmed kills, and I think it has (perhaps quite justifiably?) gone to her head, taking my beloved Toni with her. I'm gonna have to take Toni to the gun range pretty soon and let her shoot the Springfield M1903. (She said she wants the biggest gun I have, and that's it.) Personally, I just think it'd be a hoot for us to go hunting with our wives, even if nobody actually gets on the scoreboard. It'll be fun to watch 'em when the first hogs come withing earshot - they're noisy, man.
OK - that's enough for tonight. I'm going to bed, as I've run out of stuff to say. Nothing deep or profound. Today's just one of those days where you really have nothing insightful to contribute, other than I did read on Brent's blog about fear of abandonment; I can honestly say I've harbored a deep-set fear of the same thing; it's been a profoundly destructive force in 99% of the relationships I've ever had, especially by causing me to act in ways that actually push the other person away, which was the complete opposite effect my actions were intended to accomplish; my intent was always to try to do everything I could to prevent the other person from leaving, even resorting to manipulative behavior in an effort to try to sustain the relationship. Not saying (by any means) that Brent ever did anything similar, simply that I can relate to a lot of the things that he posted. And I tweeze all the hair from my ears on a nightly basis. I think I've said all of this before, though.
428.

3 comments:
I think I better let you know that it is 6 kills and a gimpy squirrel on the run. I feel bad about that one. I am not one to over estimate my skills. No trash talking from me, huh uh, only the absolute bare bones truth. ;-)
I'll have to think about the hog hunting. I am pretty partial to hunting from the couch.
No worries Ian, we will win cause we know where to find them pigs.
So are we doin all legal game, just pigs or what? Got several options: largest tusks, fattest sow, most babies, most glorious demise...
p.s. I think Toni has to use that stick and string she is always braggin on!
Oy, I don't think 'Clyde' would hold up against a boar, but if I take out a coyote with it, I win. :)
Post a Comment