
I was cleaning the upstairs bathroom at work (I could have had an usher do it but it was easier to just do it myself) and I evidently used a little too much water because they got a bit of a leak downstairs. Totally worth it, though - that bathroom is much cleaner and a lot more pleasant.
The media sure is worked up about the swine flu thing. When si America turn into such a bunch of pansies? Personally, I don't care. I'm not going to Mexico, and apparently it doesn't kill you, so I'm not going to concern myself with this whatsoever. I'm also willing to go hog hunting again but I don't plan on licking one.
LIKE THIS KID!@!!!!!!

We saw Gran Torino last night at the dollar movies, which was pretty good. Oooo - and I found new new shorts for seven dollars and new pants for five dollars. I like the clearance rack the best so far. We also got Slurpees, and not at the movie theater, where it's $4.25 for a large one. That's like three large ones at 7-11.
I want to talk about something good our church is doing. On Sunday, the church gave each family a $50 bill - to give to somebody else; to bless somebody else in Christ's name. There are a few basic rules with it, but we're looking forward to telling about how we used that money to bless somebody else's life. We're going through a series called saying "Yes" to God. An important part of the story of the Good Samaritan is the point at which the Samaritan actually crosses the street and does something, and I think our goal (as a church) is to start stepping out and put our faith into action. I really like being a a part of that.
If I keep writing I'm going to end up talking about how excited I am to go eat a big meat sandwich in Grapevine, but I think that's scraping the bottom of the barrel. If I come up with something worthwhile I'll get back on, but otherwise I'm done writing for tonight. I'm hoping my blogs haven't gotten too boring - my life is a bit devoid of drama at the moment and I don't have a lot to say all the time anymore. That's not a dare for God to make my life chaotic or anything, but I think I used to have more compelling (or at least interesting) things to write about.
Maybe I ought to beat up a drunk at work if one comes in. So far the closest we've come is a stoned guy asking if were were hiring. I said he'd have to check back later in the month. I should have told him to come back on April 20th.
Hah - nothing like a nice drug reference to wrap up. I'm stopping there. It's a low benchmark, but I won't get any funnier than that tonight.
432

6 comments:
I actually prefer (much prefer) your so called "boring" blogs. I can just read them and usually laugh and see what's going on. And it gives you the opportunity to write about something...good.
Word ver - fingsora! Ha.
We did a very similar sermon series back in December and it was amazing. The response by people when given the opportunity to serve is always cool to watch.
Yeah, I wonder how that would go over in Guatemala. $50 is half of a monthly salary for many folks here.
I'm excited to hear how it goes.
And I'm not sure, but I don't think you catch swine flu from feral hogs. Do you touch them? I thought you just shot 'em.
I think it depends on what you're going to do with them. I think generally we leave the corpses to feel the feed the coyotes - and the other cannibal hogs. Sometimes you can field-dress a nice sow to make sausage out of, but not to often and generally not in the summertime. Boars are nasty all the time. When you get back, keep a night open so you can go with us.
Brandon, we woulda field dressed out our two sow from ythe other night if we found em in time. Definatly keep a night open and we will go callin yotes at the least.
My understandin bout all this pig flu is that somebody got it from pigs, and it is bein passed among us much like the regular flu. I still am not sure of the excitement here in America. Heck, even in Mexico the survival rate is 99.4%. I am guessin here that Guatemala has a worse medical infrastructure?
As a side note, if you misspell Guatemala, the spell checker tries to put in guacamole.
I'll keep a night open. And the medical care here in Guacamole varies widely depending on how much money you have. If it gets here, we'll just hunker down for awhile.
Post a Comment