Monday, September 13, 2010

This one is for Tuesday

I have a few minutes before Toni gets back and I figure this is the best chance I'm going to get to blog.

I put my facebook back online, minus 90% of the folks I had on there. If you're one of the few that's still on feel proud. I need to go back and add a few folks back I deleted unnecessarily, but I think I'm going to leave it very stripped down. It's still putting folks in my "people you might know" section, but I don't think I can turn that off. It's nice to see them anyway, even if "friending" them isn't a great idea right now. I figure I'd rather have the timing be right, and I still need more time. It's sort of an extension on the principle of saying no to something good now so you can say yes to something great later - isn't it weird how that translates so well to everything, including something so trivial as facebook?

I've (sometimes we've) been walking about 2 miles a day recently. I think it helps to tire me out, which is good. I tried to run it a few nights ago but I couldn't make it - hopefully that'll change pretty soon. I want to drop another 15 lbs before I try it again.

I had a chance to do something tonight (something that would have made no difference at all to anybody), and I chose not to do it. I figure I spent enough time running scenarios in my head of varying types without actually having a hand in creating them on my own. Innocent or not, I couldn't think of a single reason to do it, other than I could, and nobody would ever know. I think I felt better knowing that I didn't have to do it, and I had the power in me to choose to not do it.It felt good to seize that power and make a stand on my own two feet, even though it was an inconsequential thing. Even small victories are sweet - like cupcakes.

On a wildly unrelated note, I was watching a video of Ellen Page & Veerle Casteleyn singing "Memory" from the play "Cats". It's a song about an old cat near the end of her life, and towards the end of it a little cat comes in and helps her sing the song. I sure like that one. Good gawd, I'm a softie. Anyway, here it is.


One day I want to get a Ciener conversion kit for my M4 so I can shoot .22's through it and save a LOT of money on ammo (instead of the more expensive 5.56 mm it currently eats.) Did that macho it up in here any, or did I check in my man card for the night?

You know what? I'm gonna quit before I end up in petticoats.

Ka-Bar knife.
Ford Bronco 4X4.
Red Meat.


956 for Tuesday

1 comment:

haitimom said...

Walking is one of the best things you can do for your health. Helps mentally and physically. We encourage you to continue even tho it takes discipline to do in on a regular schedule. I have to make myself do it and when we return to the US I want your dad to walk also. he walks a little here but usually just to go turn on the generator at 6:00 AM. Tipsy and Natcha always go with him. Don't think he will miss having to go do that though. This morning he got caught in the rain.

Wish I could get the "Cats" video but it just doesn't come up on our s l o w internet. VERY Frustrating. I will not miss this internet service here. But guess it's good we have any at all, all things considered.

You dad and I are both so happy to see the positive changes taking place in your life after so many years in bondage to darkness in all it's many forms. You are a living testimony that God never let's go. We thank HIM daily for both you and your brother and the priceless gifts you'll are to us. No to mention those precious grand-children and your faithful, Godly wives.