Thursday, September 23, 2010



So I got about 15 hits with the ax before the handle broke. I had to borrow one from my Uncle J. Thanks, J. I had to borrow the money from my folks to get the lights turned back on. Thanks, Mom & Dad. I had to borrow some encouragement from Toni. Thanks, Toni. I had to borrow some humility from somebody. Probably God. Thanks, God. Odds are I'm going to hit you up for some pride tomorrow.

I don't know how to feel about the latest dallas PD fiasco. Congratulations to the new Chief on firing those officers. In case you were wondering, I was a cop for four years and I never once beat the crap out of anybody, nor did I ever get drunk off duty - while armed, mind you - and shoot a hole on the floorboard of somebody else's squad car. I'm open if you need anybody to replace those morons that somwhow managed to squirm their way through the screening process. For what it's worth, I'm pretty honest, and I know a lot about illegal drugs. You guys seem to have hired a passel of folks that seem to be lacking in the charachter department. I'm not perfect, but I'd do you proud.

Scout has developed a disconcerting habit of grasping Pumba by the head and dragging him across the floor. Pumba doesn't seem to mind too much, but it looks awful. Oscar has adapted as well & even swats at Scout a bit now and then. Scout hs developed quite an attachment to Toni, too. Toni is definately her person.

Toni had a wonderful time volunteering at Advocare today, and is going to her conference tomorrow. She's excited, and I'm excited for her. So far we're still having a great time doing it, and it's going well so far. it's nice t9o feel like we have a plan B, especially when it seems like your first line of revenue is circling the drain. It feels that way sometimes, man. I hate to admit it, but when you've been working as hard as you can and the still lights get turned off it's discouraging. I mean, you can only work so hard, ya know? Toni may be starting to sniff around for a second job, too. That bugs me a bit because I feel like it's my responsibility to provide for my family - I'm not sure how to get around that.










Well, that's it. I'm gonna go for a walk. I thought I had a nice 3+ mile route worked out, but after driving it I discovered it was only 2.2. Dangit.

More tomorrow because I'll have the evening to myself, and I need to keep mtyself enterained.

965

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

We have a dog that used to drag one of our cats around by the head/neck or a leg. That cat would yowl around and make a big fuss, all the while purring. It was like a game that the dog and cat played. It was disconcerting at first, but they were fast friends.