Tuesday, September 21, 2010



I really don't have anything to say tonight. Today a friend of ours stopped by for a bit and brought her two year old daughter. When Scout approached her, the little girl squealed in terror so badly that Scout fled & tried to hide.

There's a rather large stump in the front yard that we've had multiple offers to have it ground up. I'm thinking about chopping it up with an ax - I could use the exercise, and it might be fun. First thing I'll have to do is sharpen it, but since I cleaned the garage a few weeks ago I know where the files are. It'll help ease my conscience on the nights I don't run, like tonight.

Not running also means no shower, odds are. The gas is still off (I'm trying to see how long we can go without it) but the only thing it's really affected is taking hot ahowers. Fortunately, if you walk (or run) four miles as fast as you can you'll get pretty hot and a cold shower feels pretty good. It's been a pretty good workaround. Oh - and last night I remembered that we (I) have a solar camp shower I used while I was on the Mexico trips, and it's GREAT for hot showers. Hah - maybe I can hold off long enough that the money I'm not spending on the gas bill will add up enough fast enough for me to get it turned back on before it gets cold.

OK - I think that's enough. Toni has a ladies conference this weekend and I'm gonna spend time with her while I can. I know she's excited about it, but it'll feel weird not having her around, even if it's just for a day or so. Odds are I'll seize the opportunity to go running. We discovered it's very important for our marriage that we don't run together. Walking is OK - just not running. Running together is bad - very bad.

I have spoken.

963

4 comments:

haitimom said...

How does Toni feel about not having the gas turned on?

Ian said...

To her credit, she hasn't complained once.

I know she thinks it sucks not having hot water, just like I do.

I know she'd rather have it on, just like I would.

I know she's trying as hard as she can to keep a positive attitude, just like I am.

I know she's coming up with creative solutions and workarounds, just like I'm trying to do.

I know she knows that until we get paid again, there's nothing we can do to fix the problem, just like I do.

But when she gets home from boot camp, I'll be sure to ask her.

For the record though, I am well aware that my wife doesn't have hot water, and I'm not OK with that.

haitimom said...

I'm sorry. Should not have asked. Didn't know you did not have the money to get it turned on.

Marilee said...

Running together is bad.. very bad, for us too!!!!

LOL!!