Wednesday, September 8, 2010

He hasn't brought that up for a while



But first, a brief retort to a comment:

When I read this I think about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. I'm probably wrong.

No - you're not. You're pretty dead on, actually. But it guess it's worked out OK, as I piss away about 1-2 hours less than I used to since I deleted it. Spite or not, it's been worth it to regain another 60-120 minutes of my life every day.

And now, back to the stuff I was going to say.

I'm tired of TV, man. Just waiting for the news to come on I saw more bare skin and sexually suggestive material than I'd have seen if I was looking for it. Jeebus - I might as well look at porn. Screw you, WB and FOX. I just wanted to see the weather.

Today the weather was kind of rough in places around here, mostly the result of a hurricane or a tropical storm or something. There was a lot of flooding in several places and even a tornado near downtown Dallas. The news anchors are practically wetting their pants from excitement.

Anyway, parts of Keller were flooded, and as we drove to our daughter's place for visitation, we made a short detour to drive my my ex-girlfriend's house to make sure she wasn't flooded out or anything. We got about one street away and were able to see that her place wasn't in danger, so we turned around before we actually drove by her place, though my pulse was a lot higher as we were leaving (Toni checked it). I guess I (we) just wanted to be sure she was safe. I'm hoping that was OK.

I suppose that raises the question of how am I doing with that? I think the answer is this: it's getting a lot better. Severing the soul tie during my deliverance was a big step, as was making sure there's no contact between us, either directly, indirectly, or by proxy. I suppose the safest action on my part would be to keep maintaining that distance.

I think I've been pretty straightforward about Toni and I having some problems as of late. I think it's just general marriage and blended-family stuff that a lot of people deal with, but I'm no foolish (or maybe stupid is a better word) as to pretend that it would be a good idea to start getting all chummy with my ex again.

So there's all that.

Scout (the puppy) is afraid of the UPS truck, and has taken to chewing on Pumba, who tolerates it, but meows loudly. We also HAVE to replace the carpet in the living room and the hallway, as Scout has damaged that as well. I think tile is a vastly superior flooring material for anybody with critters.

I made a delicious taco soup last night and ate a lot of popcorn afterwards only to discover that my digestive system can no longer tolerate all that indigestible fiber in popcorn. Nothing shows you the kind of hell you put your digestive tract through better than stopping the abuse and then starting it again. Once your gut starts getting healthy any junk you shove down it is tolerated much that much less.

AND I think I've had enough of TV lying to me. I've decided that you can say whatever you want if you use the following statements at the bottom of the screen:

#1) Actor Portrayal
#2) Dramatization
#3) Results Not Typical
#4) Not approved by the FDA to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.

Good LORD. Can't anybody be honest about what they're selling anymore?

Anyway, that's it.

Wed = 950 days.

No comments: