Friday, September 17, 2010

OK - here's what I was going to write originally.

last night, I was trying to draw a parallel to God, my life and why my life hasn't exactly worked out the way I've wanted it to, and here's what I came up with.

A man sitting in an easy chair reads the paper. He's planning a trip for His son to go to Disneyland. His son comes up to Him and says "Hey dad - I wanna go to Dollar General."

The Man looks over his paper and says lovingly "Son - we can't go to Dollar General right now. I can't help but notice that you have a bear trap on your ankle, and arrow stuck in your chest, and you're on fire."

The son says "So? I want to go to Dollar General. I don't know what your problem is - go start the car."

The Man says "Son, let's put out those flames, get that bear trap off your foot and get that arrow out of your chest. Once all of that's healed, I have someplace better than Dollar General to take you, but we can't go until you've healed enough to enjoy it."


*********

I thought that was pretty good. I think I've put out the flames, gotten the bear trap off, and now I just have this arrow left to deal with. Now, don't undermine the arrow - an arrow is a big deal, but it's easy to ignore or even miss when you're en fuego. So - that's pretty much how I'm choosing to view the situation. I hope that helps.

Now some pictures, though not so much an essay like I said. Just regular 'ol pictures.

Scout being bashful.


Scout being friendly.


Scout being cute.


I swear this place is real. It's in Denton - we drove by it on the way to Pilot Point.


Toni riding a horse.


This dog was laying in the middle of the horse obstacle course. It's not dead - it's just lazy.


That's it for Friday, unless you want to read what I wrote before I wrote this. I tried to smoke a cigar to calm myself down but it didn't take.

God willing, I can pawn it off as satire.

959

2 comments:

haitimom said...

For what it's worth. I do not know one single person whose life has worked out the way they planned. Crap happens to everybody, Spouses leave, spouses die. People loose jobs, People loose kids, loose houses, cars, legs, arms. They have addictions, some self inflict their own wounds, some are just victims. Some just make a lot of bad choices. This world is not a nice place. In fact it is hellish. But in my opinion to reflect too much on why one's life did not turn out the way they planned is a waste of time. Take the lemons and see what you can make of them today.

Pony and Petey said...

Scout is ADORABLE!! Thanks for posting pics = )