Monday, September 13, 2010

edited version



On Saturday we went to the gun range for the first time in a long time. We had a lot of fun. Toni is a great shot and managed to put three rounds through the same hole at 25 yards. Special thanks to Steve & Kyle for joining us- we had a blast. On a personal note, I think I've neglected the .22 - what a fun round to shoot, and cheap to boot.

One minor mishap - I do have to send my Glock back to the factory, as the front sight shook loose & was forcibly ejected from the slide to an un-locatable position. It's gone, man. I've been putting off sending it back to the factory to be retrofitted & reconditioned for a few years now, but I think the time has finally come. It's harder to shoot accurately with no front sight, and I'd hate to carry a gun that I couldn't hit at 100% with. Until then, it's time to bring out the S&W Model 10.

I've been weaning myself off my antidepressants for about two weeks now. I'm down to 1/2 dose very third day. The ringing noise in my ears has been the worst part as of late, as the vertigo has subsided. I know I've been more tempermental as of late, but I don't know if it's a result of tapering off the medications, a new or unresolved demonic foothold resulting in further oppression, or if I'm just being a jerk. It could be any of the three, I guess. I mean, how do you self-diagnose something like that?

It's easy for me to chalk up the recent bout with writing about the ex to that, too. After I wrote it, I realized that I'm probably more on track with fully recovering from that than I've ever been. First and foremost, I was able to finally break that soul tie when I went through my deliverance, and I'd never been able tot do that. When you consider the timing, I've only really been healing on a soul level for about six weeks or so, and when you consider that I think I'm doing pretty well. The second point - and Toni came up with this one - is that I've always treated it like a breakup, when in reality it was much more similar to a divorce. I would agree with that. Accordingly, I suppose it would be foolish of me to try to slap a timeline on being completely healed from that wound, or , just as foolishly, try to hurry the process along. It's going to take however long it's going to take, and trying to push time is a fools errand. I think that the realization that I need to treat the entire ordeal with the appropriate respect has helped me resolve some of my lingering guilt over it "taking too long".

-> 3 paragraphs of content removed upon request

Anyway, I guess that's it for a Sunday night.

955 for Monday


PS - Saturday was Sept 11th. I haven't forgotten - not even one iota. I remember every life destroyed, every soul taken, and every hurt my country suffered. I haven't forgotten, and I never will. And yeah - I'm still mad, so just because I didn't take the time to write a flowery speech on 9/11 doesn't mean I've forgotten. I simply chose to spend the day shooting.

Guess what I thought about when I pulled the trigger.

5 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

I miss shooting.

Why were you up so late?

Ian said...

Our sleep schedule is off again.

Brandon and Jenny said...

what happened to get it out of whack?

NOMDB - just know it's hard when your sleep schedule is wacky - makes everything wacky.

Ian said...

Staying up too late trying to get all the work done - that's been 75% of it. The other 25% has been watching TV (Cops, KOTH & The Office, mostly)

Anonymous said...

'Guess what I thought about when I pulled the trigger.'

giant-ass roosters?