Monday, September 27, 2010

And now, a weekend recap.



It won't be long, because we didn't do much, but I think it bears mentioning.

Saturday night I ate a burger from Sonic. To our calculations, it exceeded well over 1,000 calories. It contained:

1/4 lb Beef Patties (2)
Cheese (2 slices)
Mustard
Ketchup
Bacon
Chile
Hickory Sauce
Jalapeno Strips
Onion Ring (1)

I also ate a large order of tots, too. It was all very, very delicious, but I paid very dearly for it today. My system can no longer tolerate such a load without terribly unpleasant consequences that I shall not divulge here. It's just not polite.

Today, before all of this gastrointestinal misadventure, Toni and I went to see a buddy of mine in a stage play; the musical version of "The Full Monty". We had great seats and we had a wonderful time. The play was a lot of fun (though meant for a mature audience) and the musical numbers were excellent. Overall, it was a spectacular way to spend an afternoon.

The temperature has dropped several degrees here, and I'm getting pretty interested in getting the gas turned back on, as it's not longer hot outside. In fact, it's a bit chilly tonight.

I'll tell you guys the same thing I was telling Toni the other night, though I hesitate to bring it up here. As of late, I'm having a harder time really believing (on an emotional level) that I'm not going to hear from a past relationship again. This person has been in and out of my life for the past few years, and I can't shake the sensation that it's going to happen again - someday, somehow, somewhere. The world is just too small, and there are just too many times and places for our paths to cross. Oh - and historically, one of us has generally found (or fabricated) a reasonable reason to contact the other. It's hard not to think of reasons from both sides of the equation, though I know (intellectually) it's not going to happen for a variety of reasons, all of which are valid and healthy for everybody. I feel badly because I feel like I should be able to interact with this person without any issues arising; like I should be able to be big boy and have gotten my own internal conflicts by now.

I suppose it's hard for me to accept because I feel like the pattern hasn't ended yet. To illustrate, it's like this:

AB AB AB AB AB

This is the pattern; it always has been. But I feel like we're all here:

AB AB A

....and I feel like I'm (we're) waiting for another "B" to materialize, and I have to confess I am not unconflicted about the "B".

odds are it's just me, though, and it's one more issue I have to work out. And I will - I've come this far already, haven't I?

Anyway, that's where I am today.

969 for Monday.

No comments: