
Am I going to be working with these kinds of folks again? We'll see what happens.
I made a few stops tonight at a couple of local bars & clubs to be a "floorman", ,which is a nice word for "bouncer". I had two very favorable responses so far. I'll keep you guys posted. I guess I'm willing to work two poorly paying jobs as long as one of them has the possibility of at least a little action. It'll made the tedium of the theater worth it, I think. I feel a little better having at least tried something new, and the extra money will be nice. We'll see what happens.
I'm still looking for a new career-type job; the worst thing they can do is say "no", right? I've heard it before. We'll see what happens.
Scrappy the Cat was wanting attention so badly he was let me pick him up tonight. Oscar has been a bit of a twerp lately. I tried to put a date stamp on his head to get back at him, but you couldn't see it. I don't know if he's mad enough to seek retribution. We'll see what happens.
Church softball starts on Sunday. Man - I'm in terrible shape, and odds are I'm going to pay for it big-time. I can already tell. If I can make it to to any base I'll be proud of myself. We'll see what happens.
The McDonalds 1/3 lb "Angus" burger is pretty much crap. I'm partial to the quarter pounder, myself, and the double quarter pounder if I'm really hungry> I need to resist eating that much though, or I'll just get fatter, man. I oughta go on a diet. We'll see what happens.
Is Cantina Laredo (the restaurant) any good? I'm looking for someplace new to take Toni on our next date. We're trying to save money and go on cheaper dates, as we have our honeymoon coming up next month. It's tricky to save money when you're trying to show your wife a nice evening sometimes. It'll be tough for me, personally. We'll see what happens.
For the past few days, I've been doing very well continuing to move forward from my past. I hope it continues. We'll see what happens.
OK - that's it.
534

5 comments:
Cantina Laredo isn't bad, tho it isn't cheap either. Myself I'd rather hit up Esparzas and have a margarita or two for the same price as just dinner over there. Or maybe it isn't quite that high. Something like that tho.
Tastes good tho - worth the extra money if you're just wanting good food.
Actually, I take that back. Unless you're just looking for something new, I think I'd rather go tex-mex at la hacienda.
Good luck on the bouncer gigs, mate. Hope those turn out. I know you're bored just doing the theater.
Ditto what Brian said. Good, not cheap. There was this Italian restaurant in the shopping center where Brook Mays is called...Roma maybe? Not sure it its still there. It was great and inexpensive.
When Jenny and I were really light on cash, we used to take $5 a piece and go to Wal-mart or the mall or somewhere and we had 30 minutes to buy the other person a gift, then we'd go use that gift. You can make whatever rules you want like it has to be something you eat or play with outside or something only a 10 year old would want, etc. Back then Weinershintzel had 25 cent mustard dogs too. woohoo cheap dates!
I've got a bunch of ideas where those came from.
I thought it funny that you said, "I'm in terrible shape" then followed with "The McDonalds 1/3 lb "Angus" burger is pretty much crap. I'm partial to the quarter pounder, myself, and the double quarter pounder if I'm really hungry"
Made me giggle.
Hey - so, what's up with the comment format?
I love cantina laredo (it's like gourmet mexican food), but esparzas cannot be beat for the atmosphere or for the food really. There's also a really good italian food restaurant next door to esparzas.
I was tinkering with the comment settings and I forgot to fix it back to where it was. I like this format the best.
Thanks for the support, guys. I feel alive again just at the possibility - it's like I had an energy drink or something.
HAH - the transition between poor health and McDonalds went over my head when I was writing it. That's awesome.
Ok so, I've got a question about being a bouncer again. You don't have to pro and con to convince me or anything, do what you think is best. And not that it's a bad job and it's great that you are willing to work more, but why have you quit doing it so many times?
These are some of those reasons (if I remember correctly)
The schedule is bad for your and your family.
The environment is hard on you and your family.
You were concerned about getting hurt.
You were concerned your temper would get away from you and you would hurt someone.
I can't remember any others. But I was curious: if those reasons still exist, why go back?
You don't have to justify anything, I'm just posing the question.
Post a Comment