Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday's Hours


I have four of them before I have to go to work. This (blog) is the first thing I'm gonna do today. After that, I have to vacuum, do laundry, return a few work phone calls, do some general housecleaning, and find something to eat for lunch. We had half a bag of M&M's for breakfast, and I fear it won't last much longer.

This weekend was fun. Saturday night I got to practice my horn in the lobby of the movie theater after everybody else had gone - the acoustics were great, though it took me 30 minutes before I got a pretty sound. Our daughter got in some good girly bonding with Toni and finally met her second Aunt Jenny (Toni's sister) on Saturday, after her favorite chocolate chip pancakes. She and Toni took in a movie (Imagine That) as well. On Sunday we went to Denton Waterworks for a few hours (after church) before it was time to take her home. Toni and I came home with burned feet, though. Hot pavement = ouch. We soothed our pain with Sheridan's Custard and pizza, in that order.

Not much going on today. No emotional dealings to write about, no drama, healing wounds, lament over past relationships or anything else I need to get off my chest today. I had one old memory on Sunday morning that started to trigger me but I choked it out & turned it over before it could, and I did see a lady in the water park that had the exact same swimsuit as my ex, but it didn't bother me, which I consider progress. There was a time when seeing that would have ruined a whole day, if not two. On the way home from Keller, Toni and I had a good-natured giggle (not at anyone) about where "her territory" begins and ends, as we pass through it a few times a week. If that's as dramatic and difficult as I can get I'll take it. It's nice to have your feelings and emotions not tearing you apart for a bit.

Anyway, that's it for today. I have hairballs to clean.

531

3 comments:

haitimom said...

"M&M's for breakfast!!!! "Oh MY"

mom

CindyDianne said...

is "her territory" a reference to she about who will no longer be written?

CindyDianne said...

on a separate note: Bring me some popcorn Man! Please and thank you.

;-)