Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I can blog while they watch a chick flick


This was very clearly Toni and I for a very long time. :-)

So Toni and her sister are watching "Enchanted" on TV and I've pretty effectively tuned it out. Thanks to headphones and YouTube, I'm comfortably indulging in a lot of drum corps & Star Spangled Banner versions.

Speaking of our national anthem, I have a few versions I'm partial to. In no particular order, they are.....

The Cactus Cuties, from Lubbock, TX (my "I-wish" hometown)
Kelly Clarkson, who can do no wrong
Demi Lavato, despite a bit of oversinging
The Dixie Chicks, whom I've barely forgiven
Arturo Sandoval - he needs no additional comment from the likes of me
Adam Rapa - fully awesome

That has nothing to do with anything, other than I could listen to those versions over and over again.

While I'm yammering abut music I like, I also got a second listen to "Wishing you Were Somehow Here Again" from the Phantom of the Opera movie Toni and I were watching a few nights ago. I played "All I Ask of You" (from the same movie) for her before I (finally) proposed, so that movie has a special connection for us. Anyway, here's the clip of the film, if you guys care to watch it. It's the scene where Christine (Emmy Rossum) is at the grave of her father, lamenting the loss of her relationship with her mentor, the Angel of Music (who is secretly the Phantom), whom she believes was sent by her departed father. It's a powerful piece, and a very sad song. It wraps up at about 4:07. There's more music after it, but that's where the song ends.



What else?

I have terrible razor burn on my head.
I'm getting tired of carrying a huge pistol and I want a smaller one.
I haven't picked up my horn in nearly a year.
I miss being a bouncer, or maybe I just miss fighting.
I still love a lot of really terrible (and I mean terrible) songs. I'm sure some of it is a way to burn off anger. Either that, or it stokes it. I haven't figured it out yet. I know I still have some anger issues I need to either resolve or burn off somehow.

Huh - that's a good point I might need to focus on. I'm still mad on occasion, but I'm not entirely sure why, or if I am I'm cognizant of the fact that what I'm mad about makes no logical sense, which leads me to believe I'm angry about something else I either can't identify or I'm not aware of. Either way, I generally feel pretty good after a fight, and I haven't gotten in a fight lately.

I do know I'm frustrated about my financial situation still, and that's an ongoing deal. It's going to be a ongoing deal form a long time to come - maybe that's part of it.

anyway, I'm gonna go listen to Jay-Z and Linkin Park now.

526, I think.

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Your musical taste range is amazing. From Phantom to Linkin Park.

Enchanted is actually really, really good and funny and happy and clean and well done. I was amazed at how good it was.

I wish Lubbock was my hometown too. Maybe one day we'll both live there. I think that would be really nice.

Hey - do you still have that punching bag? I wonder if you could use that. Or sign up for martial arts class. A free one. Something where you can burn off physical energy - something LOTS of folks need to do.

Funny post, btw.