
So this is what I'm thinking today.
I think watching TV (for me) has become a waste of valuable time I can't get back. Except for rented DVD's, I only watch reruns of King of the Hill, Mail Call, Family Guy and Law & Order - SVU. I kid you not - that's all I watch. And they're all reruns, even. I'm really starting to not see the point of having this on as much as we do. I mean, I can get all my news and weather from FOX and the local radio, and so far that's about all I need. I watch too much TV, and I could totally be doing something else. Like......anything.
As an aside, as much as I like and Law & Order - SVU, I don't think I'm going to watch it anymore. It got under my skin yesterday and contributed to a rather bad time. I love the characters, and I think it's a a very well-written show, but it's just too much of downer for me personally sometimes.
Anyway, all that to say this - when we move out, I don't think we're going to have cable or satellite or anything, just internet and (digital) rabbit ears, so I can see if a twister's a'comin.
I shaved my head again yesterday - it's just too hot to have hair right now.
Saw "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" last night. It was OK. I'm more excited about GI Joe and the new Tarantino flick.
I was going to write about going bowling on Sunday night. We bowled three games and I have never bowled that badly in my life. Now, I've had some great times bowling - don't get me wrong, but Sunday night was not my finest hour on the lanes. I blame the balls we had available and not my own lack of skill. I swear I'm just going to get my own ball just so I can throw something with finger holes larger than a pencil. How much can they be? Maybe the bowling alley has an old one I can buy.
Anyway, that's it for today. I'm staying on my anti-depressants until more of the things that still bother me stop. Still broke. Too much TV. Poor diet.
But God loves me, Toni loves me, and our daughter loves me, and I don't have an M4 yet, so there's still hope. There's always hope, I guess, even if it comes in a bottle some days.
525

No comments:
Post a Comment