Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When you're a Jet.....


Updates....

Toni's truck is under warranty, which is good because the problem wasn't a wheel bearing at all - the rear differential was falling apart, which is bad. There was also a small leak in the power steering line, which they're fixing also, and we had to replace the battery, which we were going to have to do at some point anyway. God bless warranties, man.

Mom & Dad's Saturn has once more turned against us, and is choosing to remain on the dark side. The dealership will have to exorcise whatever evil spirits have inhabited it. In the meantime, they have a rental.

Dad went into the hospital this morning to get a breathing treatment. He's OK now, largely because he went before he got really bad.

Toni got her taxes done this morning. We have no complaints.

No new word on a new job, but I'm still trying to pursue it without being pushy. It's a fine line to walk sometimes.

It's cold and rainy here. I'll bet Brent is digging it. Me - not so much, but it's nicer to be cold than hot & muggy. And we got the new air filter installed today. The old one was nasty.

Seriously - this is all I have going on? I'm talking about how nasty my air filter was? I shouldn't complain, man. This beats the tar out of all those times I was in such turmoil that I couldn't shut up about it. All in all, I have almost nothing to complain about, which makes blogging a tad more bland on occasion.

Oh - Toni and I are starting to plan a vacation of sorts to take when we get back on our feet again. Any suggestions? We need the most bang for the buck we can get, and we may can score free airline travel.

And I found Dad's machete in the garage. It's got a longer blade and a sharper edge than mine has, even after all that work. I'm in no way surprised, really. His is more like a butcher knife with a 36" blade on it, which ought to work nicely for beheading zombies. It might not be as good as a samurai sword, but we can't always get what we want.

Oooo - speaking of what I want, my Mom finally agreed to bring me back a voodoo doll from Haiti in the event she ever finds one for sale. They steadfastly refused to bring me one for years, man. Years. I'm sure that it would be an excellent zombie weapon, as the zombie legend comes from Haiti. The way I see it, I can get one and dress it up like a zombie if I see one coming, and pull it's head off if it gets too close.

And tonight I'm going to photograph all our guns and record the serial numbers in case of theft, for insurance reasons. 'Cause I'm a bit paranoid. Aren't you just shocked?

There. I feel like I said something worthwhile now.

387

Hey - I'm getting pretty close to 400 days. I never thought about that before.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Oh, don't you worry, Brent is LOVING this weather. It's what weather SHOULD be!