Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm getting an early start on Monday's blog because I don't plan on spending much time online tomorrow. Plus I have pictures I'm excited to share and I didn't want to wait. So here we go....

On Friday after CR we went up to the Horseman Club to collect my fog machine and turn in my t-shirts, which I got to keep anyway. Toni and I hung out with some of our favorite co-workers and stayed until closing. We also got to see Paula Nelson (Willie Nelson's daughter - who, in my opinion, is quite a terrible, awful, untalented singer) and Ray Wylie Hubbard, who puts on a good show and might be crazy. I ended up breaking up three fights and dragging one guy out the door, and I wasn't even working. (I'm not complaining, though!) And - here's the best part - after six months of working there, I finally got to dance with my wife; last song, last night. Not bad. And I have to admit - I got a little misty when we walked out. As much as I griped about that job, I liked the people that I worked with, and I did have a lot of fun there. Here's few pics.....

Me, Heather (our favorite bartender) & Sue (our manager)


Me & Jim, the bathroom attendant. I'm gonna miss him. He'd whack drunks across the back of the knees with his cane if they got froggy.


Ray Wylie Hubbard - he had a cool steel guitar, but he's not playing here.


And my baby and I


On Saturday, it was cold outside. We cleaned the house a bit and lazed around the house. We watched "Sudden Impact", which is a pretty good Clint Eastwood movie. I think I owe Toni a chick flick, but I did rub her feet a little before we went to bed.

And, oh, man - was Sunday great.

The weather was perfect. Toni made pancakes for breakfast. We went to church, which was great. Afterwards I made a delicious chicken-fried steak lunch (We were needing a good, home-cooked meal)and then we went for a 10-mile bike ride. How cool is that, man? We rode the Flower Mound bike trails from our house to Sonic and back. We got to ride off the paved trail a time or two and got to use the unpaved trails a bit, which was fun. I haven't ridden those trails since I was about 14. We stuck to the paved trails on the way home. Here's the pics from our bike ride.

It sure was fun getting to go out and ride. I like my bike, and I sure made use of those lower gears going up the hills. I saw a lot of my wife ahead of me on this ride!


Another pic of me & my beautiful wife at Sonic


After we got back I napped on the couch for a bit before dinner. When I woke up, I went to the restroom and stepped on the cat, who was hiding in the dark hallway. That's when this happened:


I think there's enough hair to make another cat. I felt really bad about stepping on him, but he either needs to learn to not sleep in a dark hallway or to move out of the way. He seems to have recovered fully, though.

Anyway, that's about it, other that Oscar thought he'd bow up on a huge husky-looking dog in the alley, hopping sideways across the yard with his hackles raised and his tail all bottle-brushy. He has no idea, I don't think, but I shooed the dog away while he hid under Dad's Honda, so everything's fine. I'd talk about how we cleaned out the fridge and gave BunnyCat some turkey, but that's a sure sign I've run out of stuff to write about, other than to say one more time how awesome and fun and perfect-for-me my wife is, and how I love her a little more every day, and how she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I'm not writing that because she's mad or anything, either. Oh - and no news on the job, either.

See you guys tomorrow.

406

No comments: