Friday, March 27, 2009

a late blog



The interview went really, really well. The manager and I clicked pretty well, sharing common interests & professional standards. I'm qualified for the job, and a good match for the organization. I've been tentatively offered the job, pending the background checks, which is where I think I'm screwed.

Oh, criminally I'm clean as a whistle. Unfortunately, they also require a credit check, and that's where I think I'm going to lose it. Damn, man.

Of course, the irony is that I'm trying to better my financial situation, and my financial situation may be keeping me from bettering it. I'll know in a few days, but tonight I'm not hopeful, or at least I'm not counting on this gig at all. I'm pushing forward at my current gig like I never got the interview in the first place. I hate waiting - that's the hardest part.

And today I got the news that the bar I was bouncing at is closing permanently, so I lose that income as well. I'm going to miss a few of my co-workers and a couple of customers to be sure, but I'm not too shaken up about not fighting drunks three nights a week. My luck was bound to run out eventually, and I'm glad I'm getting out before it did. I do have to go up there and get my smoke machine back, but that'll be the last time I go up there. They can mail me my check.

We had a great night with our daughter & got her home on time. We also shipped out six orders today, and nearly a grand in invoices. All our supplies arrived today as well, and we can get started on the next round. I think by the end of next week we can be fully caught up and start stocking inventory. We're going to work over the weekend too, I think.

I think that's it for today. Toni and watched the 1992 version of Dracula tonight. It was weird, and I didn't like tonight, either. I think it's bedtime.

402

3 comments:

sk3ndall said...

I wouldn't worry about the credit check nearly as much. We do them also, but it's mandated and most the time I don't even read it and offer people positions anyway. I don't really care how well someone manages their money if they are a good fit to the company.

Ian said...

Thanks, man :-)

Brandon and Jenny said...

So any word on the job?