
I've blogged precisely twice this week. Today I'm only doing it because I'm actually up at a decent hour, the house is quiet (my wife is at aerobics) and I have to spend a few hours in front of this box anyway doing work stuff. So, without further ado, this is where I am today.
I officially hate working at the bar now. It messes up my weekends with Code Name Diamond, as I have to sleep until noon after not getting to bed until around 5 AM the night before. The pay is lousy, the commute is terrible, and I'm just plain tired of it. As soon as I can find anything else, I'm out.
On that note, nothing new on the job front. There's nothing worse than finding out that you might be eligible for another job that you really want, and that you know you'd be good at, and having to wait for somebody to call you in. It's....difficult, and I don't like to wait. I'm impatient anyway - this just makes it worse.
The piercing is healing up pretty well. I could see a look of disdain in my ex-wife's eye last night, but she didn't say anything. Code Name Diamond doesn't like it either. Tonight I'm going to wear a band-aid over it at the bar so a drunk doesn't rip it out. If I get an interview for the management position I'm hunting for I'm going to pull it before I go in. *I* still like it, but it has been a little troublesome so far in a few regards.
My folks are coming home on Tuesday, I think. There's almost no way I can have the house entirely ready by then. The house is a disaster - there's furniture in nearly every room that doesn't need to be there, as we're selling off nearly everything we own. So far we've sold our bed, our daughter's bed, and we're selling a desk, our dining room table, all our chairs, and Toni's bedroom set next. We had to clear out absolutely everything we own from the garage so that we can move our work stuff back into it. I've spent the past two days getting it all set up, and I need at least two more to finish it satisfactorily, which I don't have.
That's what gets to me - I don't have enough time. Something else always has to get pushed back, and it's always something important, because something else always has to come first. Even Toni feels a little neglected, and so I have to force myself to stop and re-evaluate where my priorities lie almost daily, if not hourly sometimes. Lately my solution for my financial problems seems to be to just work harder, and I've unquestionably done that. I've worked myself nearly into the ground this week, and I'm sick again. I blame allergies & all the dust from the furniture we've been selling, plus it's nearly springtime and then my allergies are really gong to hammer me. And I desperately need to replace the air filter in this house and I can't find it anywhere. Is is in the attic?
And I've been aggravated at our cars, too. On the way home from the impound lot, Toni's truck blew a bearing in the right rear wheel, and I haven't had the time (or the money) to get it replaced, and Toni hasn't had the time to call CarMax and see if it's still under warranty. My parent's car (a Saturn) developed all sorts of very strange electrical & instrumentation problems this week, but after disconnecting the battery overnight it seems to have reset itself. I think it's the result of accidentally trying to start it with a Honda key one night, but that's just speculation on my part. Either way, you can now shift the car from park to reverse to drive without using the manual override switch beneath the shifter, the AC works again, all the lights work again, all the gauges work again and that damned incessant chime has finally silenced itself. It pinged constantly, at all times, for no reason. That might have been the most infuriating part, until my flashlight broke while we were trying to light up the speedometer so we could drive at night. We almost screamed. We spent $7 at Sheridan's Frozen Custard instead though - we thought that we could a little stress release from the week we've had.
So, Mom and Dad - when you get home.....we're working on it, and it's a lot better than it was.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna to take half of an anti-anxiety pill, get a Dr. Pepper and work for the next 20 hours :-)
382

4 comments:
The air filter is in the attic. If you walk up the drop down stairs and turn around and sit where they lay while closed, the filter is just to your right. I can't remember which way the air flows so you may want to turn the fan on before you go up. I think there are filters up there even.
As for the piercing...we do, as much as we hate it, have to conform to other people's standards sometimes. That's why I never think it's a good idea to get a face tattoo.
Yeah...when the oaks pollinate you have an awful time. Of course you are surrounded by them.
HA! You forgot about the side mirror falling off! (umm, which was put back on)
Indeed. It's back on now, Dad.
Oak pollen allergies are even worse when you think about what pollen actually is, biologically speaking.
Word verification: untshn - The primary lyric in dance club techno music
"untshn..untshn..untshn..untshn.."
Post a Comment