
If you can name that song I'm proud of you - any takers? (My guess is Zach & Lindsay are the first to nail it)
So - it's Monday. Code Name Diamond is back at school, and the house is very quiet. Toni is at aerobics. Dad just left to drive their van (the got Uncle J's old utility van to take to Haiti with 'em) to Florida. Mom's frying an egg 'cause that's how she rolls. I am having my morning Dr. Pepper. The wind is blowing gustily outside and it's in the 60's. The sky is gray and cloudy and apparently the weather might go to hell in a handcart tomorrow, but I'm not worried about that.
This was somewhat of a rough weekend, recovery-wise. I haven't been blindsided (and triggered) in several weeks, if not several months. I didn't fall off the wagon; it was just unpleasant for a while. I opted to spend the time praying instead of trying to resist on my own, and letting God fight it for me worked again, as always. I'm OK today and I feel back on track, though I need to get my antidepressants refilled. When I run out I start going through withdrawal, with leaves me feeling dizzy and with ringing ears. Have you ever fainted? You know that feeling you get right before you lose consciousness? It's like that, but it's all the time and I don't actually fall down. It's weird, but I think I should be able to get them refilled today.
I'm blogging now because I don't want to start working without Toni, so I'm stalling. I think she's probably the only thing that makes the tedious work tolerable. I also need her to do some damage control today as well, and try to salvage a client that we burned when we were imploding (as a company) a few months ago.
Dad gave me two Cuban cigars this morning before he left, which I shall smoke very slowly in the backyard. (Ask me what happens if you smoke one quickly sometime.) I shouldn't worry about him driving to Florida by himself, but I do a little. I know it's not hard, I know he's probably the most competent person I know of to do it, and I know he knows what he's doing, but I'm still a little worried anyway. I guess that's normal to worry. And truth of the matter is he'll probably enjoy the solitude, enjoy the quiet, and enjoy being on the lookout for the opportunity to shoot somebody if they try to rob him. He'll like that.
Code Name Diamond.....
I'm getting really tired of typing that. I mean, really - is it any real secret what my daughter's real name is, or who she is, or where she lives? What difference will using her real name make? Her stepdad is a former Marine, and her mom has a ferocious mama-bear streak and can shoot almost as well as I can, her stepmom is an integral part of the zombie contingency plan and an excellent combat shooter (not to mention her experience working alongside convicted murderers in a jail) and I'm - well, you guys know me. I think she's reasonably protected, and I haven't even gotten to the tri-family uncle/grandfather contingency yet. Still, though...copy and paste is easy, and I might as well keep doing what I'm doing, if for no other reason to keep her Moms happy.
OK - Code Name Diamond made most excellent progress riding her bike this weekend. I think she's got 95% of it down as long as she has a lot of room to maneuver. We shot a bit of video of it, which is great, even if one ends in a somewhat bitter defeat (and life lesson) with her first real bike crash, which is a terrifying experience the first time you have it happen to you. She was doing GREAT up until then, and she ended up with just a scraped knee and some wounded pride. We're planning to get her a bigger bike as soon as we can. If you guys want to see the video shoot me an e-mail and I'll mail you the link to it :-)
Have you guys ever tried Hawaiian BBQ? We found a place in Lewisville that sells it - it was our first expedition in our new Try New Foods game we're starting this week. Each week, we're going to try to eat something new, as I'm in a culinary rut as of late. It's pretty good, man.
AND - I just found out there's a DOLLAR MOVIES in Lewisville. How great is this, man? I love Dollar Movies. I used to work at one with Brandon & Nate, and we had a lot of fun. Maybe I can get a second job there and quit the bar - it's not like I'd really lose a lot of money, and the odds of being attacked by a drunk go way down.
Well, he said, starting a sentence with a preposition, it's time to wrap it up for today and get some work done. I'll see you guys tomorrow.
399

4 comments:
The weather is bad here too- had 50s last week, and now today we're under a Blizzard Warning. Which means we just sit tight and wait for the snow to get here. Should be 6-10 inches and 35-50mph winds. Oh boy!
Blow a Fuse - Betty Hutton.
Remade by Bjork under the title "It's Oh So Quiet."
I love being right.
I just want to post because the word verification was:
grennerd
Watched Red Dawn in HD last night.
Post a Comment