
This was the question my wife asked me this morning when I woke up, because I woke up with a black eye. Apparently the eyebrow piercing had turned on me in the night. And after I took special care to wear a band aid over my eyebrow the whole time I was at work last night so some drunk didn't try to take it home as a souvenir, too.
Anyway, as you may have read on yesterday's blog, I had about a 20 hour day. When I finally got home at 4 Am, showered and unwound, it was about 5 AM, and I was exhausted. We had a rough night at the bar as well. One girl had to leave in an ambulance because of either drugs or alcohol poisoning, I personally threw out no fewer than four people, and we had a problem customer try to stomp on this little guy like a cockroach. It was hot, it was muggy, and the bar was trashed by the time the night was over, leaving us a lot to clean. On a good note, I found $13 over the course of the night, in crumpled bills that were left on the floor the were to be swept up with the trash. Bonus. Anyway, by the time I got home, I was tired. All week I've been taking great care to only sleep on my back and on my left side so as not to damage or aggravate the piercing, though (unfortunately) when I sleep on my back I tend to snore more often, especially when I'm tired. I sleep very soundly on my right side (which is a whole 'nother story I don't have time to go into tonight), but I'd been denied sleeping on my right side all week.
Apparently, though, when you're tired enough, your body ceases caring about new vanities and your mind just forgets. At some point, I rolled over onto my right side, burrowed under the covers, and buried my face in the pillow. I'm sure it was wonderful.
And I went from this:
...to this:
It looks awful, but it doesn't hurt. Toni pulled it out as soon as we had figured out what had happened. Code Name Diamond was glad to see it go, as I'm sure most of you guys are. You can admit it - it's OK. I got my money's worth out of it, and a few days of feeling cool, which was all I needed. And my wife gave me an awesome haircut today, so I feel cool again.
And now my body can start healing from being cool. It'll take a bit longer than usual, because I'm 36 now, and maybe a teeny bit smarter. Maybe.

1 comment:
For what it's worth I think you are cooler without it.
word: comista
little commies.
Post a Comment