Wednesday, March 4, 2009

-> interesting title here



It's chilly out tonight. it has been all day. And I wore shorts today, which was a mistake, especially when we went to the store to get milk in the refrigerated section. I get crabby when I'm cold, too. I'm ready for summer already.

I worked on my Haitian machete for over an hour while my beautiful wife napped on the couch. I put a better edge on my tomahawk, which was dulled from smashing a glass door a while back. I filled out three applications today - we'll see where I end up. There's some potential there, I think, and I mean good potential, but I don't want to jinx it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Mom & Dad were not at all happy at all with the eyebrow piercing, man. I think we have it sorted out now, though. I blame a generational gap. I'm sure my kid will do some incomprehensible stuff I'll never understand. For example, there's a commercial with football players & dancing lizards that I don't get, and it creeps me out. There are some shows on TV that I don't already. There's two of 'em that come immediately to mind - something called "Look Around You" and another one called "Tim & Eric Awesome Show". I've seen the previews and I don't even understand anything. They don't look funny. They look weird for the sake of being weird in an attempt to be funny, or avant garde, though I haven't figured which, if either. It's like a kid who has nothing to say, so he makes fart noises, says uncomfortable words and stares a lot without saying anything. I think (or thought, I guess) I'm still "with it", but apparently I'm very, very wrong. I'm well on my way to becoming this guy:



I don't want to bore you guys with what I'm going to do tomorrow, so I'll wrap it up, I guess. It's kind of weird, in a way. It seems like when my life isn't full of some kind of drama, turmoil or chaos I feel like I start running out of things to write about. I am hoping to get done in time to go back to church & work security again, though. I guess I could talk about how the real reason I'm getting my machete so sharp & clean is to use it against the zombies. I could talk about how I installed two crossbar barriers at my mother-in-law's house (hey - that's the first time I've typed that in a looooong time).

I'm am dreading going to the bar this weekend. I hope I get an offer for something else quick. I used to like it, but I think I've gotten burned out. The worst part is how it costs me time with my daughter, which I can't get back. I hate that I have to sleep when she's here and she's awake.

I think the bearing has gone out on the right rear tire of Toni's truck, which sucks. I'm going to have to get that fixed really quick. I hope it's an easy fix, and a cheap one, too. I want to have a mechanic look at it to be sure that's the problem, though. I can get pretty out of my league with cars pretty quickly, and while I'm pretty certain that I could fix it, between the time, stress and cost involved it might be better to have a professional do it if at all possible.

Timone seems to have fully recovered. Pumba has already accepted him back. Oscar is slightly less wary, but still a little pissy.

And I bought a lottery ticket.

OK - that's it. That scraping sound you hear is the bottom of my writing barrel for tonight.

379, skeet skeet.

"Skeet skeet" is part of a line from a (quite terrible, yet really catchy) song I hate to admit liking. I guess everybody has terrible songs that you like anyway.

REM is a much better band, and it's cool to like them. I like REM.

So I'm still cool, right?

379, Driver 8. Take a break.

Oh - and I want one of these now. For the Zombies.

3 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

How old is her car? I wouldn't think a bearing would have gone out already. I'm guessing it's not under warranty anymore.

Hey, that reminds me. When I can't think of things to write it means I need to read more. Especially good stuff like Lewis and Tozer and things that talk about God. Raid dad's bookshelf. He's gotta have some brain food there.

word: bondo - like Bono, but stickier.

brian said...

w00t greasegun!

Deleted said...

Lots of comments:

1 - I know what you mean, i HATE the cold. I'd much rather have 100 degree Texas summers then ice on my window... STILL.

2 - Good luck with the applications!

3 - I'm not too big on the eyebrow piercing, either. But then again, you've always been the oldest teenager I know!

4 - good luck with the zombies.

5 - i want a cut of your lottery winnings. :-)