Saturday, July 25, 2009

When AM 620 wins

I know it's a Disney kid. I know I'm 36, and I know I'm not supposed to really dig this kind of music. I know I'm going to lose whatever credibility I've built up with the likes of the Beastie Boys, Social Distortion, Chris Knight, Hayes Carll, Metallica, Kevin Fowler and Robert Earl Keen, but I really like this song.

Now, I shall suddenly digress.

-> Kelly Clarkson Rabbit Trail

I think it reminds me a little of some Kelly Clarkson tracks I used to listen to from her Breakaway CD (before my daughter's copy of the CD got lost). Man, Kelly Clarkson has some great songs. "Sober" (off a different CD) is a great one, too. I think the ones that you don't hear on the radio, some of the deeper cuts, are some of the most powerful ones.

-> back on track

Anyway, this is one of those songs that I'll sit in the car and listen to after I get where I'm going. I guess I like the emotional content of it, even though I'm sure it's a study-group fabricated committee-written song designed to sell records. Anyway, the singer is Demi Lovato. She's from Grapevine or Southlake, I think.

No comments: