
So - where was I?
Nothing exciting happened on Tuesday, so you guys didn't miss anything. I worked and went to bed. We were going to watch "The Phantom of the Opera" (the 2004 musical version) but Netflix sent us a weird Italian version we chose not to indulge in. Instead we opted for "Can't Hardly Wait" and went to bed.
Wednesday (Toni's birthday) was better. We have a few pictures we took. I was trying to get Toni to put 'em on her site, but she wants 'em here, so here we go.
We slept late and then headed out to get pizza. Did I mention her favorite pizza is in West? We saw a few interesting sights along the way.
I don't know if God was pleased with our trip or not.
We always wondered where the Old Brandon went. Now, we'll always know where to find him.
Our destination
The payoff. It was as good as it looks, man.While we were there, we saw something "Skunk Eggs". Upon further investigation, we discovered they were chicken, bacon, jalapenos, onions and cheese rolled into a ball and deep fried. This, of course, had to be tried.
Also delicious.
We saw this in West, too. We thought it was cool. It seems like something my Dad would do when he eventually retires. If he eventually retires.On the way home, we saw this. And, of course, we had to stop and investigate.

As you can see, it was totally worth it.
And they wouldn't let us leave without giving us samples of smoked brisket, turkey and ribs in both kinds of BBQ sauce, either. Toni had to get some banana pudding and some sweet tea before we left. I want to go back - I think it'd totally be worth the trip.
After a long day, we joined her sister and her hubby for a few cold ones at The Library in Ft. Worth's lovely Sundance Square. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Toni.
On an unrelated note, there's a mayonnaise commercial that aggravates me. They're trying to make mayo exciting, selling it as something wild. Their catch phrase is "We will not tone it down!" Don't kid yourself, man. Mayo is the essence of toned down. It's mayo. Don't forget what you are, mayo. You are what white people put on white bread with baloney, or bologna, of whatever you want to call it. Own who you are, mayo. Own who you are, and to thine own self be true, O' creamy condiment of the white race. The Caucasian race needs you.
519

1 comment:
I always wondered what "The Old Brandon" meant. Trevor used to say he missed the old Brandon. Maybe someone can explain. I'm not sure I want to find him.
Ok, so that pizza looked freakishly good - ditto the Skunk Eggs.
I can't believe you found 2 signs with my and dad's names on them in one trip. That's roadtrip gold.
Post a Comment