Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Night

Well, gosh. I don't know what I'm gonna write about again, but "Lonesome Dove" is on TV. I sure love that book. I just found out there's a fourth one I haven't read yet, so I'm excited about getting that one.

Oscar has a new game where he runs and jumps on the top of the recliner and rides it while it swings back and forth. It's funny to watch. There's a little moth-like bug flying around in here and I'm hoping Timone will come in and eat it.

Tonight we went for a walk after eating El Chico & getting some ice cream afterwards. It's hot and muggy out, like Houston. I think the hottest (and wettest) I ever was was on a Houston trip, while on a ferry. I still liked the ferry, though.

I'm thinking about getting a cowboy hat - I found one made of palm I like, and they're not too expensive. I'd like to get one before I go tubing again, but it's a little low on the list of stuff I need. I got to go tubing once, and it was a lot of fun. I've wanted to go back ever since, and hopefully we can go again in a few weeks. I'd like to wear a cowboy hat, too. I hope the water is high enough. I guess I still remember that trip pretty well. Both of them, in fact. I think I had a hat on both of 'em.

That Jack-in-the-Box commercial with the mini-buffalo-ranch-chicken sandwich dance is both terribly annoying and terribly effective, as I can recite the jingle and do the dance....if I wanted to. Which I don't. But a little dancing never hurt anybody, right? It's good thing to do every once in a while.

Ugh - I have to drop by a bar/club I'm trying to get a bouncer job at tonight and say "howdy". The extra money would be hard to resist, and sure would come in handy. And man - am I glad I have the job at the theater. That gig is keeping us fed during the slow time our little company endures every summer.

We're working on a cake for our daughter's birthday this weekend. Toni's pretty good about it- her ideas are better than mine.

I guess sometimes this is a hard time of the year for me for a variety of reasons. I think in the past few years I've had some pretty rough times during the summer, though on occasion they've been interspersed with some pretty good times as well. I guess this is the first year I haven't had a pretty wrenching summer in one way or another. I suppose I'm still getting used to it. I've had a pretty rough summer for five years in a row, and it feels kind of weird not to be going through all of that turmoil. Oddly enough, I still feel it, now and again. I can still feel some of that anxiety and remember some of the bad times, even though I'm not going through any if it anymore. I guess it's weird what emotions can arise, what they're tied to and how they're tied to it. I guess it's something I might can ask God when I meet him.

Aside from that stuff I'm doing OK. We're going to Turner Falls on Friday; me and Toni and our daughter and my mom. The last time I went I got to climb on some rocks behind the falls. I don't know if that's a part of the park you're supposed to be climbing at, but it's funny how sometimes they stuff you do against your own better judgement can be some of the memories you carry with you, and are the ones you're glad you have. I probably won't be doing that this time, but I'm glad I did it then.

Anyway, that's all I have for tonight. I'm glad you guys and gals still read.

Here's the cat.


Still 499, I guess.

1 comment:

Steven said...

I have some pretty fun memories of the rocks behind the falls. We took the kids up there a year ago and they now have warning signs and rope to try and keep you out. I think that is new, because I don't remember that being there.