
Tonight I'm doing my first yoga session with Toni. I borrowed a yoga mat and a DVD from a co-worker and we're going to try it out. We were talking with my mom over dinner (which Mom generously treated for us - thanks again, Mom!) about how we (Toni and I) grew up thinking that yoga was tied into eastern mysticism and transcendental meditation and new-age thinking and all sorts of stuff the churches we grew up in said were just fronts for Satan. Despite the risk to my soul, we're going to try yoga anyway, as running seems to bang me up worse than benefits me, and cycling is a bit contingent on the weather and doesn't stretch me out and tone me like I'd like.
That sounded awful girly - let me try that again. I wanna be more flexible so I don't get hurt lifting heavy stuff at work and stronger so I can beat people up better. There - that sounds better.
Tonight I fell asleep on the couch after dinner. I was exhausted, and apparently snored through a lot of Fox News before I woke up. I like having a wife that lets me sack out for a bit when I need it. Today was a crazy day at work - imagine the chaos losing power (for 45 minutes) at a movie theater can create. Everything electric died - projectors, movie platters, cash registers, box office, concession stand, computer network, not to mention the lights, air conditioner and eight theaters of people that paid to see a movie. You know what though? Today was great, man - I had a blast running around, and I feel like today I actually earned my paycheck. Unfortunately, I was doing maintenance work today, so I was dressed in a t-shirt and torn jeans, so I looked like a bit of a hobo. On the good side, it spared me from wearing that (required) cursed suit jacket during all of that. I know it looks professional, bu I hate wearing suit jackets, especially polyester ones.
On an aside, the folks that sell pet food have gone to far with it. Tonight I've seen cat food plugging a canned variety containing whole grains and garden greens, and a dog food that has rice, barley and vegetables.
I don't think cats and dogs want to eat like that, man. I think the people trying to sell that food want YOU to think that your pets want to eat like that, because we've been told that that's the stuff we need to be eating, and obviously our pets have the same dietary requirements. To this I say: bull. Based on my experience, you should have a cat food that tastes like iguana and blue jay and a dog food that tasted like litter box poop and mealtime leftovers and they'd sell faster than you could stock the shelves.
Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'm gonna do yoga. Wish me luck.
516
Update: Yoga is hard, but I like it. I think stretchy girls are better at it than I am - thay have a lot less weight to move around. I'm also fairly inflexible in several directions, and I have a lot less balance than I thought I did. I'm also seriously thinking about a diet, too. I can feel a lot of muscles I haven't used in a long time, and I recognized a lot of the stretches. Still cool, though. Thumbs up.

3 comments:
There's nothing sissy about yoga. For realz.
Yoga freakin' rocks. I LOVE it! And it's super duper good for you!
I have since passed the expiration date of "I just had a baby" as an excuse for being out of shape...Samuel's almost 9 months old for pete's sake..maybe I should try yoga!! Nice blog design...looks vaguely familiar. haha love you guys
Post a Comment