Thursday, July 23, 2009

oirtjhorjoolnldfn



I am tired and I don't particularly feel like writing, as I have......not much rattling around in here. This cat like sno-cones, though, doesn't he? We used to get sno-cones from the ice cream man when I was a kid. I remember they were like little round syrup flavored rocks, and there was ball of petrified gum at the bottom of the cone that retained its flavor for less than a minute. I like the sno-cones you get at the stands better now - the ones in foam cups. They're a lot softer.

Today at work, while I was running projectors, I found myself singing "Mooning" from Grease (the play, not the movie) and "Blue Christmas". Go figure - Christmas in July, huh?

Scrappy (the cat) ate a bluejay this morning. Do you guys think bluejays taste like dove or quail? I'm a little tempted to shoot one and find out, but it might be gross, like the crow (or maybe it was a grackle) that my friend Bri had to eat when he was a kid. All my crow-eating has been the figurative kind. I saw a dove this morning, but they're out of season.

We took our kiddo on two short bike rides today (she did great) and then to to see "Earth". It's a Disney nature documentary. She saw through a lot of the doomsday global-warming environmental bull. She said she thinks they make some of the stuff up. I liked it. Toni fell asleep.

I sure would like to catch a squirrel and set it loose inside somewhere really crazy, but I have no outlet and nobody to play that particular prank on. That's a shame. Anybody want a squirrel let loose at their office, home or place of worship?

I'm getting tired of popcorn and Mr. Pibb. And if you mix Sprite and Hi-C Fruit Punch you get a big bucket of crap. After filling up several cups of that concoction, I got tempted to try it and I did.

When you're poor like me, you get stuck in cycles that keep you poor. For example, when I got the Bronco, I didn't have the extra money to register it and get new tags. When I do get the money, I'll have to pay extra for taking so long. I also can't get it inspected, because the tires are old and cracked, which is why I never drive it anyplace I can't walk home from. And I have no spare, either. So, if I get a ticket, I'll just have to pay it until I can afford five tires that aren't cracked. I think I'm gonna score some used ones before I drop the cash on new ones. We also got two tickets for the other car, as we didn't have the cash to get it tagged & inspected and eventually got tickets for both. I had those coming - I'm not complaining about that. I did mess up and fail to call within the 10 days, though, and that cost me and extra $166. I got so focused on coming up with the cash to get the necessary stuff to get he tickets dismissed I neglected to tell 'em what I was doing. Dumb, that.

Also dumb is overdraft and NSF fees, which we've paid in spades the last month. From now on, I only use cash. And seashells, or possibly salt.

Sometimes you just want to write about how much you love your kid, but you feel like you don't want to spoil it by writing about it- you just let it be and enjoy it. Nothing can break your heart (in a good way) like your daughter.

That's it, other than we may be moving to Jen's ranch if the zombies come. Jen - if you're reading, can we come to your place when the re-animated corpses rise and wreak havoc among the living? We won't take up much room, and we'll send you a copy of the ZCP (Zombie Contingency Plan) and add you guys to "the list" if you want. In return, we offer "protection". I should probably add that if we get there and you guys are zombies already we reserve the right to clear you out and live in your houses anyway, so you might as well say yes. We'll take good care of your animals, unless they're zombies too, and then we'll just use their fur to keep warm, unless it's infected too, in which case we'll just burn their corpses for warmth. Also, I need the address. You can e-mail it to me, or just give us directions.

512

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'we reserve the right to take you out , now we just need your address.'

If thats not incentive, I do not know what is.

Ian said...

It sounds bad, to hear the way you tell it.

Chrissy said...

I think being "poor" is hard for several reasons. I think that when you don't have money you have so many feeling running around that you don't think clearly. When you have money and you want something you just get it because really how many times do you have money to spend? But then you forget to think about all the little things that will also cost money if you buy the said item(s). I think it is partly pride issues. The best thing to do (and I still struggle with it) is to just get everything paid off before you buy anything (unless it is an emergency BUT then you should really have an emergency fund of around $1000...who is this sounding like??) When you owe and you keep spending you just continue to get yourself in trouble. Just get everything paid off and then you can start buying stuff because you will not be in debit. It will suck but honestly in the end it will be better. The way you (and I) are doing it right now will make this crappy time last longer than if we just buckled down and didn't spend money that we really don't have to spend.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Sure you can come and live up here. Our house is teeny though.

KB said...

Ian, we know a great place for used tires. Let me know when and we will throw your rims in the truck and go. Also, I have seen off road tires on Craig's list before, but like most tires of that type they are spendy.

Anonymous said...

You said you didn't have much to write about...but I thoroughly enjoyed your post!

Good to know things are well with you guys. Chat more soon!

Pony and Petey said...

Oh I'm ALL for moving to Jenn's place!!! Wait...I think I see some zombies outside...maybe I'd better head up to SD now, just in case, ya know?? hahahahaa

word: pacti - Everyone on the zombie defense team will sign a pact and all those signatures will be called the Pacti...as in a plural pact

that's the best I can do...I'm not so funny as the rest of ya'll = )